Star Ocean Till End of Time (USA) Bug?
In disc One, when using the Hauler Beasts to navigate through the Kirsla Cavern, the screen only shows the character when the mini-game started.

Any way to by pass this problem? (I am using PCSX2 1.2.1 on Windows 7). Please help as I cannot progress through the game until I know how to solve this.

You can also refer to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmcaJz7Hp9c

Sponsored links

I had this issue myself. (That's actually my own video LOL)

Check in your gamefixes to see if VU Clip Flag Hack is enabled, if it is - Disable it. That fixed it for me.

Can't believe it's been 5 years already since I had that bug...
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Hi, I'm actually having the exact same problem as the OP and cannot make any further progress in the game.

I've tried the solution suggested in the second post but sadly the problem persists. Any other suggestions as to what may be causing this and how to fix it? I'm using PCSX2 1.4.0 on Windows 10.

Thank you in advance.
What are your settings pcsx2/gsdx settings and which pcsx2 version are you using.
Works fine here and I don't use any special settings

I'm using
PCSX2 1.5.0-20160225235232 - compiled on Feb 26 2016
(03-06-2016, 07:43 AM)TaroTrejo Wrote: Hi, I'm actually having the exact same problem as the OP and cannot make any further progress in the game.

I've tried the solution suggested in the second post but sadly the problem persists. Any other suggestions as to what may be causing this and how to fix it? I'm using PCSX2 1.4.0 on Windows 10.

Thank you in advance.

Are you using Save States? Load from a memory card save before that part with the hack disabled. Otherwise you'll keep loading the issue.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Thank you for the suggestions! I upgraded to PCSX2 1.5.0-dev-411 dated march 4th 2016 to see if that would solve the issue but no dice. As for GSDX settings, I'm using GSDX SSE41 with Direct3D11 (Hardware) and 4x native resolution with FXAA and GSdx_FX shaders enabled but no HW hacks. I also tried doing the section in software mode with the same results.

Also, I'm not using save states but I do have a cheat enabled that allows me to save anywhere so my one and only save is located just in front of the console you use to summon the hauler beast. Could that have something to do with the problem?

I may be asking too much here but would anyone happen to have a save/save state just after the minigame is done so I could resume from there? I'm kinda running out of ideas here and I'd really like to keep playing the game. Sad
It seems I stop playing around that time(I think).
I can post the save but I usually waste too much time on leveling up rater than progressing the story and because of that Fayt is LV50 now(I mainly waste time because every time I play I want to get the Dimension Door skill)and the other two characters are low level because I use then in death state to gain more exp.

The other thing is,I have max money and some of the best equipments(I cleared the game too many times to start it again with nothing,it's just boring)
If you still want it,then here

Or if you want,you can post your save and someone to pass that place but this is the only place I hate in the game so it is possible that I will not clear that place for your

Attached Files
.rar   Save.rar (Size: 155,78 KB / Downloads: 158)
It's cool, thanks for all the help. I checked out your save but you seem to be a bit farther in than I am. I'll attach my save just in case someone out there takes pity on me, lol.

Still, what a weird and seemingly rare bug. Just my luck, I guess. XD

Attached Files
.rar   StarOcean3.rar (Size: 159,48 KB / Downloads: 148)
Eh I got nothing better to do atm, so I can get you through the area probably. Will post back.
Here it is. I only went for the Exit. You'll have to go back there another time anyway once you get the Disintegration Ring to get some of the hidden treasures. Might as well get it then, or simply just ditch the treasures, because there's better ones available anyway.

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd001(Taro).rar (Size: 159,48 KB / Downloads: 152)