Star Ocean chests and KH1 speed
MISERU!!!! u did it. I actually read somewhere that enable cheats is BAD for so3 glitch wise and actually disabled to get past the aquedects before. I thought I had disabled and saved in Lunch and never checked again. stupid me! and i actually had same issue with so3 as KH1 with slowdowns during cutscenes. I turned VU slider up to three and thats fixed those issues and no crashes or anything.

regarding KH1, I get 60 everywhere @ x5 native resolution except specific cutscenes. at x4 same thing except certain PARTS of scenes (10% of one scene) drop to 20-25fps until the camera switches shots, still mostly 60fps. and it just gets better when decreasing obviously. I think i should make a video to show this better, however I do believe that OCing will help due to the fact that a) my gpu is decent, yes its outdated but its still better than a lot of the new amd gpus out there and the emulator saying my gpu isnt working that hard according to GS% reading. and b) the game only has trouble in specific parts of cutscenes, if 95% of the game i can turbo boost to 120fps in x4, i should be able to boost the other 5% to reasonable speeds in x3, probebly not x4. either way I got a lot of help today from you guys and im happy again Smile

BTW FXAA is in catalyst or hidden pcsx2 settings? cuz i use pcsx2 AA1, no MSAA im not sure about that. And 8 bit textures I always play around with, they dont seem to affect KH for me at least. FFX is another story. Again thanks bosit mana nd miseru!

and btw the black screen thing was rounding settings. I put them back to default and it worked
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

You're welcome.
FXAA is built-in GSdx and pretty light shader, generally add's a bit of blur depending on game it can be better or worser, smooths the edges nicely through. You can press PageUp to activate/deactivate it, and if you like it and want it to always be turned on, add "fxaa=1" to your GSdx.ini. There are also other shaders from this thread which can be used with latest GSdx version. You don't really use AA1 now;P as that only is applied in software, has no effect at all in hardware mode, MSAA is often causing minor glitches and can cause crashes as well so usually not soo great althrough nothing hurts to try.

Well OC is always worth trying, but it doesn't really matter how fast other scenes are, the slowdown ones are which matters, it's a personal choice between setting lower res and playing through whole game at full speed, or keeping higher and having occassional slowdowns. If you'll be OC, check if your gpu core load reaches anywhere close to 100% when the game lags, if it doesn't don't oc gpu core, maybe even underclock it a bit, but OC memory more, as that's more common limitation on radeons.
ya i thought so about the AA1, i just thought to check it for when/if I use the new revision with the new FMV mode change, which sounds cool. I havent had any issues with FMVs yet in the dozen or so games ive tested. I shouldnt have said anything lol. But thanks for clearing up FXAA, i was just reading about the new shaders, ill take a look for sure.

and ya Bositman suggested a memory OC too, and it cant hurt to try + lowering the rez a bit.
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM