Star Ocean weird graphics?
first time user of PSX2 here.... seems to run fine. however i have an issue: im playing Star Ocean 3, and the entire screen is visibly "vibrating" up and down. actualyl also did it on the browser screen too. also during transitions vertical slit-like holes can appear. the holes arent a prob probably, but the vibration is REALLY annoying

vital stats are:

Windows 7 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 5250 512MB
AMD PhenomII X4 810 quad core
6GB DDR2 RAM
i also have a bunch of a secondary older hard drive set to VRAM

please helP? i own game but it fracks up on my PS3. (apparently certain cutscenes crash game, so i couldnt get through even disc one without borrowing my brothers PS2.)

Sponsored links

A picture of what exactly happens would help, also which PCSX2 Version do u use, make a screenshot of your plugin settings.
cycle through interlace modes using F5 key
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Start the game while holding Triangle and X pressed.
This way you get into a menu where you can select progressive mode which doesn't need interlacing.
Be advised that due to a timing bug this breaks sync in FMV sequences a bit.
thanks for the help ill try that, also its not exaclty possible to take a screenshot. the ENTIRE SCREEN "vibrates" between 2 different positions, which means any picture id take would look normal. ill check out the interlace thing. note that i HAVE seen this effect before on my old PS2... but NEVER to this degree. i think it may be an artifact of normal operation on a TV (and since im using a High Def monitor, its really obvious.)

again, thanks, and plz if you have anymore sugggestions please add them, ill leave a mssg when something works.
i had this same problem playing star ocean last night, i just changed interlace modes. maybe record a video of it the error if changing interlace mode doesnt help.
thanks the interlace switch helped. now i find its too slow. oh well. gave it a shot. se ya!
4Ghz core2 is what I'd recommend for this game, yea.
Interlace and progressive mode both get rid of shaking but interlacing also blurs the output
while progressive scan mode keeps it nice and sharp. P. scan just has that FMV issue so it's a tradeoff.