Star Wars Battlefront 2 Crashes PCSX2 help?
Hey guys so I've been having this problem with only this game. So I ripped my Battlefront 2 off my PS2 disk because PCSX2 runs pretty slow on my computer when using my disk drive.

I have the widescreen cheat on and when I start up battlefront 2 it loads fine in the beginning. It has the intital loading screen then shows the rating then the developer. However once it reaches the "press start" always at the same time it freezes, the screen goes blank and Windows says that PCSX2 has stopped working and asks if I would like to close the program.

I did not have this problem with my previous graphics card which was a lousy Radeon HD 6450. It loaded the maps but not completely and ran super slow! So I upgraded to a HD radeon 7870. Now I can run all my games maxed out except for battlefront 2. I can sometimes get passed the "press start" screen but then it crashes again once it gets to the next screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Could it be that I'm running it at too high of a resolution and too high of AA?
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz (8 CPUs)
RAM: 12Gb
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7870 Ghz edition 2GB CuII Direct
Hard Drive: HDD 1.5TB

Sponsored links

can you post the emulog.txt?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-07-2014, 09:15 PM)SHELLSHOCK9ER Wrote: Could it be that I'm running it at too high of a resolution and too high of AA?

Easiest thing to test this is restoring default settings...
Thanks for your guys's replies! Turns out the problem was the DX11
I should have known better since DX9 works better with most PS2 games...

Now I'm confused about something else. My widescreen patch that I downloaded from here is not working. I installed it like all the other widescreen patches but my clones are still fat haha

Another thing also is that in hardware mode the sky textures don't load. instead the sky is completely black.

Finally, The sound will randomly die out. It just instantaneously mutes. When I check the log it gives no errors at all. Its as if the game is running just fine. I closed the window which closes all plug-ins then resumed and the sound stayed muted.

Any suggestions for these problems by any chance?
I remember trying to play SWBFII out of curiosity after 1.2.1 release and also noticed widescreen patches didnt seem to apply on the game.

As far as I know, Battlefront 2 requires software mode to fix any graphical glitching (and probably the sound too ?), try that.

But beware, BFII is pretty demanding in software mode. I have the same CPU and I got playable speeds (40-50 FPS, PAL) with still some dipping bellow 40 FPS.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(05-08-2014, 05:13 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: I remember trying to play SWBFII out of curiosity after 1.2.1 release and also noticed widescreen patches didnt seem to apply on the game.

As far as I know, Battlefront 2 requires software mode to fix any graphical glitching (and probably the sound too ?), try that.

But beware, BFII is pretty demanding in software mode. I have the same CPU and I got playable speeds (40-50 FPS, PAL) with still some dipping bellow 40 FPS.

Yeah the sky works in software mode, unfortunately no AA or 1080p
kind of defeats the purpose lol