Star Wars Battlefront 2 Speed help!
Hi all! I found one Battlefront 2 Star wars thread, but it didn't help me at all. And, yes, i realize the compatibility list says menu only, but i can get it all the way to fighting and anywhere else if i want to.. it's just a little slow. My swbf2 is running really slow and i have choppy sound output. I am an average newbieUnsure and i am wondering if you all can help me config my cpu to make it run faster (Strangely, one day it was running about 100 fps and i was begging it to slow down and now it won't even go above 30 fps.).
CPU settings:
1 year old.
2gb ddr2 mem
windows vista
AMD Athlon 64bit
CPU Speed 999 MHZ
My graphics card stinks..... can only support sse2 i think.
i don't know my other specs because i am a newb and i hav no idea how to learn the other specs.
Anyway, my pcsx2 settings are......
IMPORTANT: I am running pcsx2 beta.r1888
i compressed the iso(.z) and am running it with linuz iso 0.9.0. (Yes, i hav also tried decompressing the iso and running it.... since i read it doesn't affect speed, i decided to save some computer spaceSmile)
Bios = USA 2.00 (does the type of bios make it run faster?)
USBnull driver 0.6.0
FWNull drive 0.5.0
SPU2-X 1.2.0 Output is #2
Dev9null driver 0.4.0
Speed hacks: X2 cycle rate EE, escape hack, VU cycle stealing on high, status flag hack, int sync hack, enable iopx2 cycle rate, idle-loop fast forward.
i closed the debugging menu.
CPU config: EERec-EE/IOP recompiler; Multi threaded GS mode; and all VU recompilers
Frame limit - Normal; Detailed settings, 115,115,2,4 in consecutive order.
Advanced - Defaults
Graphics -GSDX9 (MSVC 14.00, SSE2) 0.9.0; 640x780 70HZ; Direct3D Pixel Shader 1.4 and 2.0(Don't know which one to use); Linear texture filtering, none others checked. I also can use GSDX10(MSVC 15.00, SSE2 0.1.4)
Well, that's all! I hope you guys can help me speed up my game.
BTW I tested all the configs and they say they work......
O ya! Controllers are LilyPad svn (r1853) 0.10.0 for both.
Thanks!(Wow... that was long)

EDIT: I am now using GSDX10(MSVC 15.00, SSE2 0.1.4) graphics because it is also compatible with Battlefront 2... but my real question here is what should I configure it to? I want 90-100% speed please Smile thnx (And remember - strangely it was running at 100% and higher before..... and i tweaked the settings a little to see if the gameplay would go even faster, because it would run at about 70% while everything else ran at about 100+%) thnx again.

EDIT (Again): Yay! I found out my computer's specs....
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Name of comp: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
Dual core
Supports SSE, SSE2, and SSE3
GPU= NVIDIA GeForce 8200

Sponsored links

Quote:AMD Athlon 64bit
CPU Speed 999 MHZ
My graphics card stinks..... can only support sse2 i think.

That is completely wrong, I'd be surprised if a CPU with that speed actually got any good results at all and the graphics card has nothing to do with SSE2. Use an app like CPU-Z to find the name/model of your CPU and Graphics card.

You are using very old GSdx plugins, the pcsx2 beta 1888 comes with GSdx r1873 so use that one.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
There is no way you have a computer you bought a year ago that's 64-bit but runs at .999ghz. They don't exist.

To clear up further, your GPU doesn't determine whether you can use SSE2 or SSSE3 or SSE4.1 plugins... Your CPU does. AMD processors currently only support SSE2 (AMD has SSE3 and SSE4a, but not SSSE3 or SSE4.1)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Sorry, my bad... i don't know how to figure out my specs, because i just read the stickers...... on the compCoolBlush
and it's not.999 ghz.. sorry i looked in the config w/ cpu on pcsx2 r1888 and thats what it said........... sorry.
Btw, battlefront 2 doesn't support those newer graphics extensions, i hav tried them... can you tell me what i should config it to? I dont' know my comp's specs b/c i am really bad at figuring out what they are....
I don't know if this helps, but my comp is lately running seriously slow, and a lot of programs are not responding.... and the only thing that happened to my comp recently is windows automatically installed a bunch of security updates.

What should i config bf2? Please please help Smile

EDIT: Note, I edited my post on the bottom... hope this is correct and now i hope that you can give me good specs to make it run faster. Don't think it's impossible, it once happened.... i shouldn't hav messed with it after that.
Running that slow cpu speed it's possible your computer is overheating, try to check the temperature you get while running other programs and PCSX2, you can do this with a program like CoreTemp.

Also you havent tried the GSdx r1873 yet?
(12-13-2009, 04:05 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Running that slow cpu speed it's possible your computer is overheating, try to check the temperature you get while running other programs and PCSX2, you can do this with a program like CoreTemp.

Also you havent tried the GSdx r1873 yet?

I have tried the GSdx r1873 and it's not compatible with bf2, it just crashes. If my computer is overheating..... what should I do? I realized when I ran pcsx2.exe my computer fan went on megahighGlare and that was loud. Should I run another fan next to it? Oh yea, and btw, after I run pcsx2 everything becomes laggy.

Okay, I ran CoreTemp and learned my pc would go to temps up to 50 degrees celcius when i ran pcsx2, and when i freshly start it up, the highest temp is 30 degrees celcius. Is that average?
Sounds about right for temperature.

GSdx 1873 just crashed? does that happen with other games? did you try different settings with it? like using the "native" option or turning off all interlacing options or changing the renderer?

I don't really know what else could be anymore, sorry.
(12-13-2009, 10:00 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Sounds about right for temperature.

GSdx 1873 just crashed? does that happen with other games? did you try different settings with it? like using the "native" option or turning off all interlacing options or changing the renderer?

I don't really know what else could be anymore, sorry.

Yup, it just crashed. I've tried it with lego star wars orginal trilogy and FFX and it ran slower but didn't crash. I tried like a bazillion combinations of settings, and i have native on and i turned off all interlacing options. My processor is crap, so i run Hardware, using the power of my graphics card. (NVIDIA). Is there a way to upgrade my graphics card by downloading? Using it to the full potential? Any1 else have bf2? Maybe they could help.....