Star Wars Battlefront II - Background disappearing
Hello everyone,
I've noticed a strange glitch on Star Wars Battlefront II, which I don't remember happening in a real PS2. Sometimes, if you point your camera to a given direction, the background (including the floor) disappears and you can only see a kind of silhouette or shadow of some elements of the background. If you move your camera to another direction - or, sometimes, if you walk to the sides or forward - it comes back to normal. It seems to only happen in a few maps though. I couldn't find anything about this glitch online, either on PCSX2 or on the real console. By the way, the glitch happens both on hardware (native resolution) and software modes.

My specs:
- Windows 11
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H CPU
- NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 GPU
- 16GB RAM

This is the glitch:

And this is how the correct background should look like:

Other than that, the game works fine. Does anyone know if this also happens on a real console (haven't tested on my PS2 yet)?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I really couldn’t find anything about this glitch anywhere. No one knows if it’s a known issue on PCSX2 or if it also occurs on real hardware?
You'll have to test out I guess. Or get latest nightly ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OK, I’ll try both and see what I can find. I forgot to mention before, but I’m currently using nightly v.1.7-3951 by the way. Thanks.
So I tested it on my PS2 (fortunately it still works!) and I couldn't reproduce this glitch. I was already pretty sure that it didn't happen on the console as I used to play this game a lot on my PS2.

I also tried the latest nightly, but it's still the same. I've tried disabling the anti-blur hack on the software renderer too (as it's enabled by default), but it didn't work. I'm not entirely sure if this is an emulator issue or if it has to do with my computer. Should I open an issue on Github?