Star Wars: Racer Revenge Grand Reef Map Issues
I'm recently new with emulating, been wanting to play SW:RR for years and finally got my hands on it but when I got to Grand Reef map and the moment you do that first turn and about to go into the water, the game freezes and black screens with the audio super choppy, or the graphics is all wack and unplayable. There's 2 other posts on here about the graphics glitch but wasn't really answered: 

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Star-War...hics-Issue 

And audio fix here but the setting was already set by default for me:

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Star-War...ound-Issue

Really tried searching the internet for any other people having this problem but I couldn't find much else honestly need help on trying to fix this, I just want to play the hell out of this game ;-;

Most my emulator settings is set by default and is the latest PCSX2 1.6.0, if need more additional info ill try my best to provide it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try a 1.7 dev build to see if the issue still happens.
(07-14-2021, 02:23 AM)CK1 Wrote: Try a 1.7 dev build to see if the issue still happens.

I just tried with a Dev build and same issue sadly, although I was able to move around more into the map before the graphics start going wack and didn't crash, it seems to be the water graphics like I mentioned

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you got a memory card save of the area you have a problem with? Also which region is your game?

Edit: Apparently pressing F9 (to change to software mode) clears up the graphics? I find that somewhat unlikely, I'd still like to look at it.

Edit 2: I managed to get a savegae and confirmed it happening, it looks like using software mode is the only solution for now, the game runs better in software at that point anyway Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-14-2021, 10:28 AM)refraction Wrote: Have you got a memory card save of the area you have a problem with? Also which region is your game?

Edit: Apparently pressing F9 (to change to software mode) clears up the graphics? I find that somewhat unlikely, I'd still like to look at it.

Edit 2: I managed to get a savegae and confirmed it happening, it looks like using software mode is the only solution for now, the game runs better in software at that point anyway Tongue

Hitting f9 doesn't seem to do anything at all for me, I don't know what I'm expecting to pop up while hitting it though, might be because of me being in fullscreen. Anyway I changed the game graphics to software and, IT FIXED IT, THANK YOU REEEEE *happy noises*. just the only issue is its laggy over the water and makes the game look ugly compared to previous settings I had but I'm not going to complain. Thank you so much.

And for the other questions:
Star Wars Racer Revenge USA
Bios: USA V02.30 (20/02/2008)

Edit: Completely ignored the first question sorry, I don't really know where memory cards are saved at, like I said before I'm completely new to this Emulating stuff :c
it's fine, i found a "completed everything" save online so I could check it.

if it's a bit laggy you could try increasing the "render threads" at the bottom of the gsdx settings, 4 is a good number, that might improve things
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]