Star ocean 3 cheat 0.9.6
Hello,

First a thank you to the whole team for the new release. and a thousand of thx for making star ocean 3 working on emulator.Laugh

My dream was to cheat at this game to get all the trophies and some "new game +" fun (which doesnt exist in the game).

But i found that my old artmoney method to cheat doesnt seem to work. i guess the memory is in read-only or something like that.

For doing using a patch, all i can do is movie-cut patch. And machien code is not my cup of tea.

The comparing of savestates files is a bit tedious since the values are small and i am not so motivated to do a script to compare several files to get the possible value to change.

So my question... Is there a way to make the memory editable for artmoney or even cheatengine to cheat on my favourite ps2 game star ocean 3? Or at worst a big boost xp patch for xp version (to have my fayt to lvl 4000 or 5000). I have the pal version (europe version) of the game.

Thx already for your answers.
And congrats again for the work on the emulator.

Sponsored links

(03-19-2009, 11:47 PM)General Wrote: Use ArtMoney Pro.
Turn on the option "Use own functions for access to memory".

Thank you for your answer. But I tried your method by turning on the option and tried on money for simple test and it didnt found anything. Should I have other options on. I tried with the 2 last betas
PS: Any other games (ps2) i tried had no problems for the cheats using either artmoney or cheatengine. Is the data crypted in star ocean or converted in a special format?
I knew it Smile
This game use hex values but you see the value in dec.
For example if you have 1000 money you're not searching for 1000 but for 3E8 .Or when you type 1000 for search value you must have 4096 money to find the cheat.

Just use some calculator to convert the gold you have from hex to dec...if you see that you have 1000 gold converting hex to dec will give you 4096 and that's the value you have to search for

Anyway the 0x013280EC address is the address for money in pcsx2

PS.This code is for the USA version
(03-19-2009, 11:47 PM)General Wrote: Use ArtMoney Pro.
Turn on the option "Use own functions for access to memory".

To search for cheats this option isn't requared anymore.It was requared on the VM version which is gone now
(03-24-2009, 08:55 PM)vsub Wrote: I knew it Smile
This game use hex values but you see the value in dec.
For example if you have 1000 money you're not searching for 1000 but for 3E8 .Or when you type 1000 for search value you must have 4096 money to find the cheat.

Just use some calculator to convert the gold you have from hex to dec...if you see that you have 1000 gold converting hex to dec will give you 4096 and that's the value you have to search for

Anyway the 0x013280EC address is the address for money in pcsx2

Hello. Thx for your answer. However I must be a bit idiot, since i dont understand how to apply your help.

In general when i do a search the search is done in hexa : 16 -> 10 (introduced in decimal and the tool search the value transformed in hexa).

However i tried to search with my value directly in hexa 178(hex) -> 376(dec). However the search doesnt give anything.

I have the europe version. And the money is just an example, what i search to modify is experience, items,... To make it like a newgame+.
(03-25-2009, 02:20 AM)Elenar Wrote: Hello. Thx for your answer. However I must be a bit idiot, since i dont understand how to apply your help.

In general when i do a search the search is done in hexa : 16 -> 10 (introduced in decimal and the tool search the value transformed in hexa).

However i tried to search with my value directly in hexa 178(hex) -> 376(dec). However the search doesnt give anything.

I have the europe version. And the money is just an example, what i search to modify is experience, items,... To make it like a newgame+.

What I mean is for exampe if you have 500 money and search using dec values you have to search not for 500 but for 1280.

The easiest way is to enable Hexadecimal Edit.In that way you can use the number you see for money(not the converted one).And if you don't enable Hexadecimal Edit you'll see the dec number which isn't your money(it's the converted one of your money)
I did as you said and wasn't successful. But i will try again now.

I was successful in found the displayed value in decimal of the money (the value is overwritten at each refresh). Tried to get back to the address by reading the assembly code. But i didnt understand it enough to be able to track it back
Ok for the pal version of this wonderful game. I was able thanks to threads about different topics in pcsx2 to do a patch to get max xp after a fight. Here it is:

//E04EA200.pnach
//cheat code
patch=1,EE,20253090,word,14000003

I am not so motivated to do the others. But if people having the pal version want the money i can try to convert the action replay code
(03-25-2009, 10:29 PM)Elenar Wrote: Ok for the pal version of this wonderful game. I was able thanks to threads about different topics in pcsx2 to do a patch to get max xp after a fight. Here it is:

//E04EA200.pnach
//cheat code
patch=1,EE,20253090,word,14000003

I am not so motivated to do the others. But if people having the pal version want the money i can try to convert the action replay code

Finding the money code using the cheating feature on pcsx2 is extremly easy and you can use the number you see on the screen

Since on the save I used the money 95972045(on screen),pcsx2 find the cheat on my first try(using 32bit unsinged value).The max money is 999999999
I tried everything to cheat on this game but it wont work! I have the directors cut does anyone know a way? Artmoney doesnt work.
(05-02-2009, 10:03 AM)Eric1987 Wrote: ....Artmoney doesn't work.

I actually make the cheat for my version(USA)using Artmoney...it's not useless,it's just that you can't fund your cheat.I'm only going to tell you that it wasn't easy to find this cheat for that game cheat so if you don't have a lot of experience on finding cheats(not just normal cheats on which you know the value but unknown values,hex values,reverse values and etc.)

On Gran Turismo 4 the money cheat is real pain to understand how the values works on this game