StarOcean3 and Pcsx2 Problems
Alright then, Let me tell you whats happening.

First off, Running PCSX2 v0.9.6 results in a instant crash as soon as I 'File>Run CD/DVD' the Console says "resetting.." when crashing.

Second, PCSX2-R1888 Actually runs StarOcean3- even though the speed is horrible. It runs. Sometimes some slight problems here and there, but nothing resetting to defaults doesn't fix.

Now (if you will ;D) please help? Anything will work. Speedhack 'awesome' configurations to make it as fast as possible? Laugh or helping with the 'resetting' issue that i'm having.

For PCSX v0.9.6: I'm using,
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.14
-Windowed, Direct3D9(Hardware), Pixel Shader 2.0 (Video card can use 3.0) Interlacing: Bob tiff (seems to look good) AspectRatio 4:3, D3D Internal Res: ###/### Native is checked. SW rend. threads 1. NLOOP Hack on 3rd option (grey box with check in it) same with Texture filtering. Logarithmic Z on, and Alpha Correction(FBA) On.
P.E.Op.S CDVD- Using Daemon Tools for iso image mounting.
CPU: EEREC, VU0Rec, VU1rec, Multi threaded GS Mode (MTGS) FrameSkip.
VU Add / Sub Hack for Tri-Ace game (starocean3)
Speedhacks: None/Default. (since I can't get 0.9.6 running)
Advanced Options: EE Recs: RoundMode:Nearest, ClampMode:None, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero (the help said it was faster) VU Recs: RoundMode: Nearest, ClampMode: None, Flush To zero, Denormals are zero.

For PCSX2-Beta.r1888:
Same plugins.
CPU: EE Rec, VU 0 and 1, and microVU0/1, MTGS.
SpeedHacks: EE Sync Hacks "x1.5", EE Misc Hacks INTC Sync Hack, VU hack: VU cycle Stealing 2 (next one up from off)
Advanced Options: Default r18888 options. (EE Rec: RoundMode Chop/Zero ClampMode Normal, Flush to Zero. VU Rec: RoundMode Chop/Zero ClampMode Normal, Flush to Zero.)

System Specs:
3.00Ghz Processor Dual Core. (doesn't run SSSE3?)
NVidia GeForce 8400 GS
Gig of ram (Would have 2gigs, motherboard doesnt read it for some reason, all chips are DDR)

And I guess thats it. If you guys can help, it would be much appreciated. Smile

Sponsored links

Unfortunately I do not own the game, so I can just give you some basic tips. But they could give you some fps. And hopefully not break the game^^.

First, you should change the renderer in the GSDX configuration to "Direct3D10 (Hardware)", since your GPU should support it and DirectX 10 is faster and more compatible.

Then, you should use Linuz Iso CDVD plugin instead of mounting the image in DEAMON Tools. This is also faster and more stable.

After this, you could try to disable MicroVU. This could give you some more fps, but is less compatible. I don't know if the game will be broken with this. More problems than before might occure. Just give it a try and you'll see.

If you want to have less problems, you can also change the clamping mode in the advanced options to normal or more. None is faster, but also less compatible. Just try out what works best.

Regarding the speed hacks: Just try it out^^. This is different from game to game and from PC to PC. Activate one, look if it's faster, deactivate it, try the next one, a.s.o. After you're finished, you can enable all the ones that made it faster. I'd know no better way to find out the ones working best.

By the way: Which sound-plugin are you using? I'd recommend SPU2-X, since it sounds best and is working very good. But this might also change from game to game. But if you're using it, you can go to its configuration and change "interpolation" to "0- Nearest (none/fast)". This also gives you a few fps.

I hope I could help you little.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Well the only way I can get DirectX10 is by some foreign application that installs it on a x32 bit system (xp)
Which I tried. Didn't work >_< Im gonna keep trying though. thanks for the reply
NVidia GeForce 8400 GS<--this is the problem causing the slow down. Not much you can do other than changing your video card.
Also, amd cpu doesn't have SSSE3, the one amd cpu has is SSE3. Notice the number of "S" 's.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
First of goto Config>Gamefixes and make sure the special fix for Tri-Ace games is ticked.
Second go to the gsdx page and get an old version of gsdx(0.1.7 or lower).
That should fix your problems.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(02-04-2010, 11:10 PM)maytag15632 Wrote: Well the only way I can get DirectX10 is by some foreign application that installs it on a x32 bit system (xp)
Which I tried. Didn't work >_< Im gonna keep trying though. thanks for the reply

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice you haven't mentioned your OS. OK, in this case, DirectX 9 is fine^^. I'm not sure if this programm is "compatible" or rather working well with PCSX2. By the way, how is this called? I was once pretty interested in these attempts to make DirectX 10 usable under XP. But my new PC with Vista installed removed this interest immediately^^. So I lost the track a bit. But now I'd like to know how this whole subject continued after the end of the Alky Project.

(02-04-2010, 11:17 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: [...]Second go to the gsdx page and get an old version of gsdx(0.1.7 or lower).
That should fix your problems.

Is this one of the problems that were once fixed but returned by now?
Im not sure but that is the advice I got when I had the same problem and it worked for me. I have tried countless plugins after 0.1.7 even compiled a couple myself but they dont work.
Specs:
Thanks for the replies! Laugh I will try some stuff out. I'll let you guys know how it goes Laugh
One thing I forgot to mention: Try the newest plugins. You can find them here. They'll surely give you some more fps than the old ones. And perhaps the one or the other problem might be gone. Who know, but trying never hurts.

(02-04-2010, 11:47 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Im not sure but that is the advice I got when I had the same problem and it worked for me. I have tried countless plugins after 0.1.7 even compiled a couple myself but they dont work.

Ah, OK. I was just surprised, since 0.1.7 is a pretty old revision, isn't it? But perhaps is the newest revision fixing it? Perhaps you should just try again, because 0.1.7 will surely be much slower than the newer ones. If the problem is still present, it can't be helped. When did you try the many revisions of GSDX?
The last one I tried was rev2406 and its not fixed yet but the game runs very well on 0.1.7 so its not much of an issue.
Specs: