Start Problems
I got pcsx2 working but it is painful to start. When I manually start pcsx2 it closes instantly. I first have to open X11 and then navigate to the executable and run it, within the X11 terminal window. Is there an easier way?

Also, when it runs I don't get any menus so I am unable to take advantage of saving states, etc. This is probably because I have to load it via X11. Anyone know a fix?

Sponsored links

What do you mean by no menus?
I'm confused though, did you fix the libcairo issue?
(07-13-2010, 10:00 AM)zedr0n Wrote: What do you mean by no menus?
I'm confused though, did you fix the libcairo issue?

When it first starts I have the menus within the app itself and no menus atop the top taskbar. When I run a game, bios, whatever the app transitions to the resolution I have set and I no longer have the windowed menus and still no taskbar menu. I have attached a screen capture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, that's a limitation of x11, as there's no real gui here apart from gtk. I think it's the same on Linux though.
You can still use hotkeys or just press escape to pause the game and access the menus?
(07-13-2010, 08:15 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Yeah, that's a limitation of x11, as there's no real gui here apart from gtk. I think it's the same on Linux though.
You can still use hotkeys or just press escape to pause the game and access the menus?

Awesome! Thank you for the note about hitting escape; I do indeed get the main menu. I tried to save the state and received the following error:

pcsx2.sh: line 2: 2220 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2

Any ideas?
Works ok here, normally. Have you tried saving from in-game using F2?