Starting Problems - Plugins not found
that fixed it. thank you very much.
could you roughly explain what was going on there? (That is to say i just want to know if there is a general problem with my pc or if its just some weird interaction between this specific programm and my computer)
can i now move the folder back to where it was (for organisation purposes) or should i just leave it as it is?

Sponsored links

What exactly fixed problem(because you are not quoting anyone)
@vsub oh sorry. i didn´t refresh the page before posting so i didn´t see your answer. jesalveins solution helped (moving the folder and adding the ini-file).
Thx for your help anyways. ^^ (Btw yes i did install it and upon clicking ok the plugins menu popped up with the default options set, so no empty dropdowns)
It's probably fixed by just adding the ini file,not the moving part
Adding that file makes pcsx2 to load all of the plugins and read\write settings from the pcsx2 directory and not having that file makes pcsx2 work as installer version(not portable)...measing,it reads/writes files in Documents\PCSX2 and I think in AppData too and the problem is probably UAC(restrictions to read\write in certain directories)

If you tried running pcsx2 as administrator,it may also fix the problem(probably)
But personally,I prefer the partable version because everything needed is in the pcsx2 directory(except dx and vc redist),not in different places
Ok, good to know. Running as administrator didn´t help actually. But its not the first time games/programms have trouble getting access to things in the mydocuments folder (namely rocket league). i tried a bunch of fixes for this problem already with none of them working. all settings indicate that there should be no problem, but somehow there is. even a friend of mine who works in it-support had no idea whats going on. XD
(11-10-2017, 06:35 PM)Tempest Wrote: Ok, good to know. Running as administrator didn´t help actually. But its not the first time games/programms have trouble getting access to things in the mydocuments folder (namely rocket league). i tried a bunch of fixes for this problem already with none of them working. all settings indicate that there should be no problem, but somehow there is. even a friend of mine who works in it-support had no idea whats going on. XD

Set your own user account, System Account and Administrators to have full control permissions over your MD folder.
You can also take ownership either through the Windows Security window, or by downloading the .reg file which adds this to the right click context menu.

May alleviate some issues.