Steam - Big Picture mode bug?
Hello,

I have tried to search for this problem but can't find anything about it on google.

I have set up pcsx2 (Nightly - v1.7.4427) with shortcuts to start a specific game.

When I launch the shortcut from Windows(W11 build:22H2) folder or normal steam(no big picture mode) the game start as normal.

But when i try to launch it from Steam Big Picture mode, the game start minimized in the background, and I have to "Alt-tab" to open the game.

This is how my windows shortcut is set up:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2\pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe" "D:\ROMS\Playstation 2\SSX 3.iso" -nogui -fullscreen

-Joachim212

Sponsored links

Not réalités to pcsx2, but steam.
That said, try with -bigpicture -fullscreen
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
One possible solution is to try running Steam Big Picture mode in administrator mode, as this can sometimes help with compatibility issues.

Another solution is to try launching the game from Steam Big Picture mode using a batch file instead of a shortcut. To do this, create a new text file and paste the following code into it:

start "" "D:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2\pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe" "D:\ROMS\Playstation 2\SSX 3.iso" -nogui -fullscreen

Save the file with a .bat extension and place it in the same folder as your PCSX2 executable. Then, add the batch file as a non-Steam game in your Steam library and try launching it from Big Picture mode.