Steam In-Home Streaming Issue - Slow Capture - Due to Multiple Windows on PCSX2
(10-20-2014, 08:52 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: First, run PCSX2 normally and disable the log window. Otherwise it will show up anyway.

Then you can make a shortcut like "PCSX2.exe --nogui "C:\directory\name of game.iso"" and add that to steam.

Edit: you will probably want "PCSX2.exe --fullscreen --nogui "C:\directory\name of game.iso"" for in home streaming.

Wow thats so simple and easy! I don't know how I didn't stumble upon this last night in my searching. I think I wasn't looking for the correct solution to my overall problem at first. I'm gonna give this a shot as soon as I get home! I will post the results and information to bring closure to this issue/topic.

Thank you sooooo much for your help and insight! Laugh <3

Sponsored links

I would just like to update this thread with the results and solution of the issue I was experiencing when trying to stream PCSX2 through Steam In-Home streaming.

As suspected the issue was indeed caused by having multiple windows open in PCSX2 that Steam was then trying to stream all of the windows to the Client PC. Apparently Steam gives priority to the first window opened and then any subsequent windows are given way less priority and will chug badly on FPS as a result. So the solution is simple, you just need to eliminate the extra windows and make PCSX2 launch the ISO game file directly to the GSDX game window. As Blyss Sarania posted earlier in this thread, that is very easy to do by adding the following after the Target File Location of your Shortcut for the game in Steam:

--fullscreen --nogui "C:\directory\name of game.iso"

And that's it. Launching the game via that customized shortcut will launch your game's ISO file directly into the GSDX window without the Main GUI. Just be sure you have already disabled the Console Window within PCSX2 prior as well. Steam should stream the GSDX game window by itself just like any other games you may have streamed previously.

I'm now rocking a solid 60 FPS streaming to my living room TV while playing FFXII in full 1080p glory with full anti-aliasing and antistropic filtering. And my god does it look good! My poor PS2 is sitting right next to the TV being all jealous that my PC is doing a much better job than it ever could, making it obsolete, haha.

Thanks again to everyone for your help and information. I'm so excited to be playing this game in all it's proper glory now! Laugh <3
Glad it worked out. Yeah, I use in home streaming from time to time to stream PCSX2(Dolphin as well) from my main rig(specs in sig) to a P4 2.8Ghz with a Geforce GT 610(Media rig). The GT610 takes care of the video decoding, so the weak CPU in the client rig is no problem. Works pretty well!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-21-2014, 09:35 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Glad it worked out. Yeah, I use in home streaming from time to time to stream PCSX2(Dolphin as well) from my main rig(specs in sig) to a P4 2.8Ghz with a Geforce GT 610(Media rig). The GT610 takes care of the video decoding, so the weak CPU in the client rig is no problem. Works pretty well!

Yeah that's awesome! I can now chill in the living room while taking care of my newborn and play FFXII on the same TV my PS2 was running on but it's soo much better. Our main rigs are actually very similar: I have the exact same CPU as you but I'm running a HIS Ice Q X Turbo X 6950 HD instead, 16 GBs of Corsair Vengeance RAM and a 1TB Caviar Black HDD. No SSD yet unfortunately. For my Client PC I'm actually using an Acer Aspire 5733Z Laptop with a crappy Intel P6200 dual core chip and integrated graphics. BUT luckily this Intel chip actually supports decoding so it actually works very well as a Client PC for streaming and if my wife wants to use the TV all I have to do is unplug the laptop from the TV and use it as my screen instead. Total win/win. I couldn't be happier right now! Thanks again!! Laugh
Yeah, as long as you have a GPU (even integrated) that has a dedicated decoder, you are solid. That's the great thing about Steam in home streaming. You can have one beastly rig, and a bunch of other weaker ones, and still play anywhere in the house. My media rig(e.g. the P4) was actually a "bonus" when I bought my monitor. I bought it at the thrift store, got my 21 inch ViewSonic VG2030wm 1680x1050 16:10 monitor. For 65 bucks. That's all I wanted. But it was the whole PC on sale, so I made use of the old PC too.

I only got my SSD a few days ago. It was a gift from my best friend. So yay for that!
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
That's awesome! I bet that SSD is rocking! Yeah all that matters is that the Client PC supports hardware decoding and you're good to go. I'm really impressed with PCSX2 and Steam In-Home Streaming. What an amazing combination!

Right when I fired up FFXII on my PS2 the other night and saw how bad it looked I thought to myself "Man, if only they'd make a full HD remake of this for PC...". Well it apparently already existed by doing exactly this. I feel like this is way better than any HD remake or port SQUENIX would do anyways. Look at how bad their FF ports to Steam have been recently. I think it says a lot about the people working on this emulator project that they can make emulated ports of games look, run and play better on PC than professional companies even can. Mad props to everyone involved with PCSX2, the results speak for themselves. Yall are amazing! <3
Well, we appreciate your appreciation. Tongue2 We get a lot of people coming on here and acting like we somehow owe them, people who completely disregard the hundreds of hours of work the coders have given from their life, so it's nice to hear a genuine "thanks."

And yeah PCSX2 is awesome. The community is awesome too. That's why I spend so much time here.

Anyway, enjoy your game, and if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.