Steam deck Dirge of Cerberus issues with cutscenes
I am playing dirge of Cerberus on steam deck with pcsx2 through emu deck. Whenever a cutscene plays, there are intermittent issues where characters and objects will freeze in the scene. When this occurs, the cutscene continues to play but certain characters/objects only will freeze. Also, I get intermittent issues where the audio and video will be out of sync. It seems to occur sporadically throughout the scene where sometimes it is in sync and sometimes out of sync. Does anyone know of settings within pcsx2 which would fix these issues? I could take some videos showing these issues occurring if it would help.

Edit: See the post below for settings to fix this and many other issues with DoC on steam deck:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dirge-of...rate-drops

Sponsored links

the videos would be great
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-31-2022, 06:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the videos would be great

Im trying to upload some videos but it looks like the max file size for uploading is 2.1MB. Is there another way to upload videos?
host them on youtube, or anywhere else
(09-02-2022, 07:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: host them on youtube, or anywhere else

I will upload them to iCloud and send you a link via private message.
i have the PAL version, and tried the exact cutscene with the helicopter you showed in your vid. (1st level)
didn't have any slowdown nor freeze. BUT... the stats rose up high briefly. (i think it was the gpu load, i'm running @5x internal res)
that scene may be a bit demanding.
there was something about disabling gpu readbacks since steamdecks tend to be a bit sub par for demanding parts.
I'll look about this

edit :
there you go :
[Image: 1662149420-snap-screen-20220902221003.png]
be prepared to face glitches, though
(09-02-2022, 10:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: i have the PAL version, and tried the exact cutscene with the helicopter you showed in your vid. (1st level)
didn't have any slowdown nor freeze. BUT... the stats rose up high briefly. (i think it was the gpu load, i'm running @5x internal res)
that scene may be a bit demanding.
there was something about disabling gpu readbacks since steamdecks tend to be a bit sub par for demanding parts.
I'll look about this

edit :
there you go :
[Image: 1662149420-snap-screen-20220902221003.png]
be prepared to face glitches, though
I attached a screenshot of my graphics window. This option is greyed out and not checkable so it must be disabled by default. 
[attachment=75949] 
Im not sure if I am using the PAL version or not. How would I check that?
(09-02-2022, 10:34 PM)Burninater69 Wrote: I attached a screenshot of my graphics window. This option is greyed out and not checkable so it must be disabled by default. 
it's a per-game setting

Quote:Im not sure if I am using the PAL version or not. How would I check that?
it should be written on the DVD
(09-02-2022, 11:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it's a per-game setting
 it should be written on the DVD

Disabling hardware feedbacks did not fix the freezing issues unfortunately.
NTSC or pal ?