Steam deck Dirge of Cerberus issues with cutscenes
(09-02-2022, 11:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: NTSC or pal ?

NTSC

Sponsored links

woulf have been nice to see the full stats on the same video sequence you posted. just to see if the struggling is the same for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-03-2022, 07:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: woulf have been nice to see the full stats on the same video sequence you posted. just to see if the struggling is the same for you

Here are links to my google drive of the same cutscenes with the steam decks game scope enabled. Should work without an account:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s2a0_3F...p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P99isSu...p=drivesdk
i was thinking about the OSD stats in pcsx2. but those number in red clearly indicate either your cpu or gpu are struggling (i'd tend to say the CPU in that case)
(09-05-2022, 09:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: i was thinking about the OSD stats in pcsx2. but those number in red clearly indicate either your cpu or gpu are struggling (i'd tend to say the CPU in that case)

Where are you seeing numbers in red? The highest I see is around 60% but I never see any numbers in red.
in pcsx2 OSD on the top right
(09-05-2022, 03:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: in pcsx2 OSD on the top right
The frame rate goes above 60 during the part of the cut scene where the helicopter freezes. Wouldn’t that indicate that the cpu and gpu are running properly and not struggling? Also the game scope readings for the cpu and gpu never go above 60% so doesn’t that also indicate that the hardware is not struggling?
(09-05-2022, 04:20 PM)Burninater69 Wrote: The frame rate goes above 60 during the part of the cut scene where the helicopter freezes. Wouldn’t that indicate that the cpu and gpu are running properly and not struggling?

"Above 60 ?"
that shouldn't be unless you messed with speedhacks too much, and could explain your glitches
Quote:Also the game scope readings for the cpu and gpu never go above 60% so doesn’t that also indicate that the hardware is not struggling?
about the gpu->yes
about the cpu->no. pcsx2 uses 2 cores. 3 with mtvu speedhack enabled. if you have more than 3 cores, others will be unused and total cpu load will look normal.
Moreover, since you have a portable device,, there could be an auto-throttle on your cpu that could reduce its performances to avoid overheating and/or battery depletion
(09-05-2022, 04:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: "Above 60 ?"
that shouldn't be unless you messed with speedhacks too much, and could explain your glitches
about the gpu->yes
about the cpu->no. pcsx2 uses 2 cores. 3 with mtvu speedhack enabled. if you have more than 3 cores, others will be unused and total cpu load will look normal.
Moreover, since you have a portable device,, there could be an auto-throttle on your cpu that could reduce its performances to avoid overheating and/or battery depletion

I haven’t enabled any speedhacks that I know of. Are speedhacks enabled by default? 
I think I have mtvu enabled. I would think no but would disabling mtvu improve performance? 
The steam decks game scope shows the cpu usage of all cores and none of the cores go above 60% so I would think this indicates that the cpu is not struggling.
(09-05-2022, 04:51 PM)Burninater69 Wrote: I think I have mtvu enabled. I would think no but would disabling mtvu improve performance? 
no, that will help.
Quote:The steam decks game scope shows the cpu usage of all cores and none of the cores go above 60% so I would think this indicates that the cpu is not struggling.
...or that it's throttled down.
again, those red numbers in pcsx2 OSD tend to indicate you lack raw power