Steam overlay works with Direct3D9 but not Direct3D11
(03-01-2015, 07:34 PM)avih Wrote: The web installer should update everything to the latest. But like I said, it doesn't always fix DX issues. Worth a try though.

So is there literally nothing I can do to fix this?

Sponsored links

There might be, but I don't know what it is.
I guess I'll wait to see if anyone has any ideas.
Also, the webinstaller tells me that everything is up to date and isn't installing.

Should I uninstall my current version of directX? Is that recommended? What's the name of the thing to uninstall?
Bump?
Can you please try the offline installer as well?
(03-02-2015, 09:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you please try the offline installer as well?

It installed something, but that something didn't fix either the slowdown or the overlay not working.
Tried to remove the portable mode and reinstalling the emulator from scratch.
Still exact same problem.

I'm kinda starting to lose hope
Bump again, please I need help

I actually found a way to get the Steam overlay to work in Direct3D11. Basically in your Steam shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Metal Gear Solid 3\pcsx2.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Metal Gear Solid 3\Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence .iso"

You should add a "nogui" command to make only the main game window pop-up.

So it will look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Metal Gear Solid 3\pcsx2.exe" --nogui "C:\Program Files (x86)\Metal Gear Solid 3\Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence .iso"

But Direct3D9 is still not working for whatever reason .-.
something is wrong with DX9 on your side, try using the version from here.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-13-2015, 05:27 PM)ssakash Wrote: something is wrong with DX9 on your side, try using the version from here.

Which one?

EDIT: Oh ops, gonna try the latest.