Steambot Chronicles
(02-21-2015, 11:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I did read what you said, it still should apply. Aggressive CRC should remove those broken effects and glitches you are talking about as well. It used to.

Ahh sorry than, well it sadly doesn't anymore, I would really like to know which version it worked on. I tried with it on, and while the game of course runs faster, there are still windows, that don't appear, lights that go on and off from angels, and of course the green water...

(02-21-2015, 11:33 PM)willkuer Wrote: Do you use AA in software mode?
Maybe frame skip can help.

No I do not, it doesn't effect the gameplay, I just leave it off for the time being... As for Frameskip, well that doesn't help much...

Sponsored links

What about Direct3D9 (software)?

What happens if you disable presets, go to speedhacks, enable all tickboxes except for fast cdvd read? Does that affect FPS, EE% and GS%?
What happens if you set EE cycle rate to 1? FPS/EE%/GS%?

If that doesn't help, what happens if you set VU clamping mode to none?
Hmm. You try DX9 software? DX9 is faster in some cases, maybe worth a shot?

As for the other, it's been a while since I read that, and I don't own the game personally. Maybe the person that said that just wasn't talking about the same glitches you are.

(02-21-2015, 11:41 PM)willkuer Wrote: What about Direct3D9 (software)?

Wow you ninja'd me Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-21-2015, 11:41 PM)willkuer Wrote: What about Direct3D9 (software)?

What happens if you disable presets, go to speedhacks, enable all tickboxes except for fast cdvd read? Does that affect FPS, EE% and GS%?
What happens if you set EE cycle rate to 1? FPS/EE%/GS%?

If that doesn't help, what happens if you set VU clamping mode to none?

Setting it to Direct3D9 (Software) doesn't do anything, it's the same...

All the other options pretty much doesn't do anything different either, the FPS, EE and GS is pretty much the same with maybe at most 1 in difference...
I guess this is just the furthest you are gonna push it then.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-21-2015, 11:42 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Hmm. You try DX9 software? DX9 is faster in some cases, maybe worth a shot?

As for the other, it's been a while since I read that, and I don't own the game personally. Maybe the person that said that just wasn't talking about the same glitches you are.

Wow you ninja'd me Tongue2

Yeah I just tested it, it's the same...

Might be yeah, however the glitches I am talking about are quite easy to spot, as they are even there at the opening of the game, and at the starting point of the game...Not in Software Mode of course, but in Hardware mode sadly:-(

(02-22-2015, 12:02 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I guess this is just the furthest you are gonna push it then.

Yeah, you are probably right...but hey that's not going to stop me from trying to complete the game nonetheless...
One I still have Wink

Use gsdx[*]avx2[*].dll as gs plugin.

This really should give you a nice speedup.

Do you use the dvd directly or are you loading an iso?
(02-22-2015, 12:06 AM)willkuer Wrote: One I still have Wink

Use gsdx[*]avx2[*].dll as gs plugin.

This really should give you a nice speedup.

Do you use the dvd directly or are you loading an iso?

Already is, it gave me 1fps higher, that's what took me from 50 to 51.

I was in the beginning using my original DVD, but was thinking if it made any difference, so I am using an ISO of my DVD, it didn't do anything, yet it's easier hahaLaugh
A ***** I've not read this. (I somehow completely missed Ryudo's comment except for the mtvu hack... strange)

Try using the latest stable (1.2.1). It has some optimization which should increase the performance (but unsure if this will affect gsdx or only the core).

I would suggest another test if that doesn't help:
Open pcsx2_vm.ini in the ini-Folder.
Set the line
Code:
FramerateNTSC=59.94

to

Code:
FramerateNTSC=29.97

After booting the game press [Tab]-Key. What happens?
(02-21-2015, 11:41 PM)willkuer Wrote: What happens if you set EE cycle rate to 1? FPS/EE%/GS%?

Actually I meant you should set it to 2 not to 1. 1 is just default while 2 can yield a speedup. Don't know if you tried what I said or what I wanted to say...