Steambot Chronicles
(02-24-2015, 03:53 AM)ssakash Wrote: There is no need to reset the cmos battery, the mobo itself switches back to default's when placed In such situations. I never had to reset my cmos battery on my rig with I7 whereas, I did it multiple times on my core 2 duo rig.

I can't tell you how many times I had to reset my BIOS cause it wouldn't boot from an unstable OC.

Also overclocking is pretty easy. Its all a trial and error process. If your MOBO supports overclocking. You will want to increase the multiplier a bit. Its not recommended to have the voltage on auto for this. That's what I remember anyways. So basically you want to fool around with the clock speed and voltage. Set the clock speed to what you want. Try 4.0GHZ or something at first and see how it does. If its overheating and you don't notice things working smoothly. Such as rand weird mouse skips and other oddities. It means its unstable and want to raise the voltage a notch up.

Its also a good idea to know what the safe voltage is for your CPU. You can easily look that up. Just don't ever go ever that and you will be fine.

As I said it is a time consuming process. So good luck
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

(02-24-2015, 03:53 AM)ssakash Wrote: There is no need to reset the cmos battery, the mobo itself switches back to default's when placed In such situations. I never had to reset my cmos battery on my rig with I7 whereas, I did it multiple times on my core 2 duo rig.

That fail safe "switch back" can fail too. I've had it happen on this rig, an i7 3770k and an Athlon 64 3700+ when the multi was pushed too far(or BCLK in some cases) and the fail safe failed to kick in.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I havent' looked at my own thread here for a while...

I have been considering overlocking, and know how to do it, so maybe I will. Or maybe just buy a better CPU...

I would like to mention something, earlier I mentioned my procent of GS when playing, and mentioned it was around 80-90% but that was a mistake, a virus had done something to my pc, so the % is a lot smaller than that... I should however mention that reinstalling to fix this virus didn't do anything to the speed. But just felt I needed to say that. Well maybe I will buy a better CPU;-)
what virus ? how do you know that it's a virus ? , it's better to do a clean install of windows, in that case. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
He reinstalled to fix the virus. One would assume he meant he reinstalled Windows and not PCSX2 to fix a virus. Tongue
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-17-2015, 05:47 PM)Ryudo Wrote: He reinstalled to fix the virus. One would assume he meant he reinstalled Windows and not PCSX2 to fix a virus. Tongue

You are correct, I reinstalled Windows, it had something to do with my graphics card, somehow a virus went and ruined the activity, so if I didn't move my mouse sometimes the activity would reach 99% in AMD control center. I reinstalled and that issue went away;-)
(02-22-2015, 08:54 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Probably. The base STP of your CPUs are 2028(yours), 2269(his). Yours with overclock would be around 2400.

What If I buy Intel Core i7-5820K would that help me gaining that extra little speed or?
Not worth the money, get an i7-4790K instead.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-25-2015, 12:05 PM)ssakash Wrote: Not worth the money, get an i7-4790K instead.

Can't really afford that, I also need to buy a new MOBO...

Sorry my bad, I read wrong:-)

But is that really going to make a huge difference?
The difference won't be huge but, the 4790K has the highest STP of all the desktop processors so, that would be the best option for pcsx2.
- Refraction