Steambot Chronicles - back to working state
Steambot chronicles now works on the latest revision of PCSX2 I got 3 hours ago, aka 2256 with the plugins. The game ran with the same old graphical bugs but I`ve tested the VU options - there was a difference in the VU - Default and VU - interpreter (see the shots). In order not to crash the emu you have to DISABLE BIOS SKIP HACK too. Well.. thats some cool progress tho! Keep `em coming!

P.S. The first shot is with VU DEFAULT and the second (with green lines) VU - Interpeter. PCSX2 set to default options tested with GSDX SSE2,3 and 4.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try using a (Software) renderer in GSdx.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-27-2009, 12:47 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try using a (Software) renderer in GSdx.

It`s the same as the old revisions, back when it worked. Around 35-40 fps on my @ 4GHz e8400 cpu and no graphical glitches... But haven`t tried any speed hacks tho...
(11-27-2009, 12:22 AM)heatblazer Wrote: Steambot chronicles now works on the latest revision of PCSX2 I got 3 hours ago, aka 2256 with the plugins. The game ran with the same old graphical bugs but I`ve tested the VU options - there was a difference in the VU - Default and VU - interpreter (see the shots). In order not to crash the emu you have to DISABLE BIOS SKIP HACK too. Well.. thats some cool progress tho! Keep `em coming!

P.S. The first shot is with VU DEFAULT and the second (with green lines) VU - Interpeter. PCSX2 set to default options tested with GSDX SSE2,3 and 4.

You do realize it wasn't revision 2256 that fixed it right? Since that revision only had some GUI fixes and no practical improvement. Maybe you'll want to check which exact revision fixed the game for future reference
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well I have the suspicion that the problem was the BIOS SKIP... I`ll test older versions I have.
BIOS skip has been there since ages, but obviously the game needs it. So maybe it has been working all this time but you just didn't use Run->Execute? (equivalent of bios skip hack of new gui)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-27-2009, 02:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: BIOS skip has been there since ages, but obviously the game needs it. So maybe it has been working all this time but you just didn't use Run->Execute? (equivalent of bios skip hack of new gui)

I admit - my fault here. Never expected that the game will be BIOS boot dependable. Btw tested GSDX 10 software - it`s like it should be but... slow... however if pressing F4 fast forward it goes too fasts the slowdown... kind of weird. Fast movements slow voice...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well pick your poison, bad emulated graphics or slow gameplay Tongue2

You could also try ZeroGS or ZZOgl graphic plugins I guess. Did you try going further in the game? those bad graphics could be just the area.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, ZZogl with No Alpha Fail is usual way to solve green stripes in few games. Steambot is still unplayable on my Linux :-(.
(11-28-2009, 01:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well pick your poison, bad emulated graphics or slow gameplay Tongue2

You could also try ZeroGS or ZZOgl graphic plugins I guess. Did you try going further in the game? those bad graphics could be just the area.

Well... good opionon but both hardware and software are slow... I have not tried speed hacks in software mode tho. Well when I first tried the game in older revs (before 1000 rev) it was aroind 5-6 fps in the first cutscene. Then throttled to around 18-20 and remained the same. I don`t remeber when it got better fpses. Well to that day it`s the best but still not playable. Keep it up!