Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Ive heard reporst saying torbo boost doesnt work great with pcsx2 though. In any case both options would be a good choice.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb

Sponsored links

Works fine on dual cores. My i5 520m turbo boosts to 2.66ghz (each core) and it helps.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Might be old reports or maybe Im remebering wrong.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Hello,
I have a core 2 quad running @ 2.67GHz

Ram:4 gb
Graphic card : palit nvidia 9600 GSO
XP service pack 3

I am currently trying to play god of war 2 and in the main menu i am getting an fps of 45-50 and when the game starts the background is all green and the fps drops to 15-20 which makes it unplayable.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance
I thought a new revision had fixed the green. Are you using the latest?

Your PC specs should be capable of better speed than that. Are you using native resolution, the [Recommended] Speedhacks and maybe a little on the EE and/or VU sliders?

Also, being on XP is a set back. Consider a newer Windows for a performance increase.
now i fixed the green thing by putting on d3d software
but my problem is the fps even after speed hacks its givin only 15 fps which is unplayable any1 got any better ideas?
make sure you set it to 3 rendering threads for software mode, thatll help
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Alright, this may be a weird question, but will PCSX2 run on this?

I'm not asking if it will run smooth, I'm asking if it will run at all, even if the main program can be ported to ARM and booted (I don't even care if any games run or not, just the main emulator).

Also, please consider the processor to be running at 1Ghz, as it can be overclocked that far with no stability problems.
Assuming you have the necessary coding skills, yeah, sure. It'll probably be a slideshow but it will run. It might be easier to create the code from scratch, though, instead of doing an outright port... Just use the PCSX2 source as reference.
(11-23-2010, 06:16 AM)Speculant Wrote: Alright, this may be a weird question, but will PCSX2 run on this?

I'm not asking if it will run smooth, I'm asking if it will run at all, even if the main program can be ported to ARM and booted (I don't even care if any games run or not, just the main emulator).

Also, please consider the processor to be running at 1Ghz, as it can be overclocked that far with no stability problems.

The current PCSX2 is not made for an ARM processor, so no. If you rewrote it for ARM8 you could. It would open but you wouldn't be able to play any games... it would likely give you 0FPS.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM