Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
I didn't tell him to overclock to 3.73Ghz, I only stated that he should overclock to get more fps in his games if he know how. 3.73Ghz is somewhat my stable clock speed, but i have seen 4Ghz on air before Cool

Sponsored links

(01-30-2011, 07:23 AM)tuanming Wrote: I didn't tell him to overclock to 3.73Ghz, I only stated that he should overclock to get more fps in his games if he know how. 3.73Ghz is somewhat my stable clock speed, but i have seen 4Ghz on air before Cool

4GHz? On Wolfdale 45nm, perhaps. That's not so common on Conroe 65nm, and definitely not on air. Realistically speaking, he can probably reach around 2.5~3 GHz on air at best and the latter would require a good overclocking motherboard (400+ FSB). If you're getting 3.73 GHz on your E6300, I'm betting it's a Pentium Wolfdale with 2.8 GHz stock. Right from the start, you're ahead of cllups by a whole GHz since his CPU's only 1.86 GHz stock.
Hi people, I need your opinion on the following 2 notebooks. I badly need to upgrade soon, and since til now I have not been much of a PC gamer due to the poor specs of my current laptop (the only PC game I got is Maplestory lol) I must resort to request help from the veterans.

Basically I am torn between these 2; How do you think would PCSX2 fare on them?

i7-2630QM 2-2,9 GHz + ATI 6570 (or even Nvidia GT540)

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7335/...qeseri.png

And

i5-460 2,53-2,80 GHz + ATI 5650 (the link below is in Italian but the specs are easy to read)

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8260/...hot1yz.png

I know the card of the first NB is better, but can't make up my mind regarding the CPU. I have little experience with PCSX2 since my current laptop is a C2D T5450 1,66GHz with GeForce 8400 GS, that is quite pitiful, but hey at least I am able to play Tales of Destiny 2 on it, thanks to PCSX2, obviously Laugh

Every reply is much appreciated Smile
(01-30-2011, 08:29 AM)ilovejedd Wrote: 4GHz? On Wolfdale 45nm, perhaps. That's not so common on Conroe 65nm, and definitely not on air. Realistically speaking, he can probably reach around 2.5~3 GHz on air at best and the latter would require a good overclocking motherboard (400+ FSB). If you're getting 3.73 GHz on your E6300, I'm betting it's a Pentium Wolfdale with 2.8 GHz stock. Right from the start, you're ahead of cllups by a whole GHz since his CPU's only 1.86 GHz stock.

Here's my proof. Anyways, back in the Conroe days, some E6300s can overclock better than other the more expensive Core 2 CPUs. Most Core 2 on air and even water cooled were stuck somewhere in the 3Ghz-ish clock speed until the E8400 came out which made 4Ghz barrier much easier to reach due to the multiplier and other improvements made to the CPU.

[Image: 2afahw5.jpg]

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/70...069.63_mhz

http://hwbot.org/searchResults.do?direct...&offset=20

@Gustave

I'd stick with the Core i7 notebook. Graphic on both notebook are not that impressive, therefore you should stick with the one that has a better cpu.
(01-30-2011, 06:47 PM)tuanming Wrote: Here's my proof. Anyways, back in the Conroe days, some E6300s can overclock better than other the more expensive Core 2 CPUs. Most Core 2 on air and even water cooled were stuck somewhere in the 3Ghz-ish clock speed until the E8400 came out which made 4Ghz barrier much easier to reach due to the multiplier and other improvements made to the CPU.

[Image: 2afahw5.jpg]

Lol, 533MHz FSB? That's one nice motherboard you have.
hey im new to using psx2, and ive been tryin to play 2 of my games "kingdom hearts 2 and Colosseum", ive been prowling the forums for awhile reading posts and trying different settings and plugins to make my games run better but every setting i try just seems to have the same result which is very low fps durin actual game play.. im thinkin my CPU is just to old to run the emulator so i figured id post here and make sure im right, like i said ive tryed alot of different settings and nothin seems to rly even make a little bit of difference, im running

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 6000+ 3.00GHz
4gb RAM
GeForce 8800GTX OC2
thanks for the input
@AliG87

What pcsx2 revision did you use and post some plug in settings.
I read the OP and I don't know if my processor will work. It's an intel i7 at only 1.6ghz but gets "Turbo Boosted" to 2.8ghz when needed. Also, my graphics card is only a GT 330m with 1GB VRAM, will that work well?
Your i7-720QM runs at 2.4Ghz on 2 cores. This is "OK" for many games, especially with such good architecture. However, you will find yourself needing Speedhacks to get good FPS more often than not.

Your GT 330M will handle be "OK", too. You may need to resort to native resolution for the more GPU intensive games/scenes, but should be fine for the most part.
Good, I think my system will do well!