Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
i have amd Phenom II x 3 Black Edition 720, 2gb ram DDR3 , ati spphire hd 4850 512 mb gddr3 , so in my pc pcsx work great is`nt it? but pcsx2 work slow why? pls answer me, which plugins i need for pcsx worg fast!!!?????

Sponsored links

@Fokker: your vga, ram are alright, but your cpu is not the fastest one. It IS fast, but PCSX2 require most CPU overclocked to run at decent speed. If you can overclock your cpu, boost it to 3ghz.

btw, some game just run slow no matter what you do, so if you encounter games that run slow at 1x-2x speed all the time, its time to give up and wait for the next development.
I think I answered him with basically the same information in another thread...

Fokker: Please try and refrain from asking the same question over and over again. We saw it the first time and answered it the first time. In case you somehow missed what I said, PCSX2 requires as fast of a clockrate as you can get out of your processor. Luckily, you have a black edition processor which are great for overclocking. I have the same CPU and I could push it to 3.4ghz without even touching the core voltage. I have it right now sitting at 3.7ghz with just a little bit of extra voltage and could probably push it higher, but I don't really have need to.
And of course emulating a PS2 game will be more stressful and slower than emulating a PS1 game. The graphics among other things are much more complex in a PS2 game than a PS1 game. You would expect improvements from one generation of gaming to another, and the difference in hardware requirements reflects that.
Hello all.i dont want to ask useless things, but i have to because i cant afford to go out and buy a PS2 controller+games just to not be able to play decently. my setup:

CPU: Intel Dual core E2180 @ 2Ghz.
GPU: Geforce 8500GT 512mb DDR2 (overclocked to 735,900,1450 mhz)
RAM: 2 Gb of DDR2 RAM.

the thing is i tried to get a PS2 here, and they wanted to rip me off (250$) instead of 100$ because of the situation here in Gaza things cant get in whatsoever. so im welling to spend some money on a PS2 controller and try PCSX2. i play PC games with really decent graphics even the recent ones.
Sorry but you can't use PCSX2 legally without owning a PS2. So as per our rules regarding piracy, we can't help you in this forum unless you own a PS2 and are using the BIOS dumped for it with PCSX2. I understand yours is a special situation and I'm sorry to say this, but this is for our own protection.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i have a friend who owns one, im also thinking of buying it from him. i borrow it from him occassionaly.
Yeah, sometimes silent is gold rather than talking. You have to read and respect the rules in specific forum on website.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Hello!
Please I have a Phenom X3 8450 and Ati HD 3650 512Mb ddr2. The only games I have that is said playable is Kingdom hearts 2 and Shadow of the Colossus. With some frame skip and low graphic quality I can run them with decent fps. Now I intend to buy a Phenom II x3 720 BE, but I need to know, will I have a considerable rise in fps? Will my video card give a bottleneck? Thanks.
(sorry for the bad grammar, English isn't my first language)
As long as you keep the resolution fairly low or on native, it won't be a bottleneck.

As for the 720BE, I haven't found a game yet that's been CPU limited... I have a few games limited with my 3850... but that's because I refuse to play only in native mode and most games don't have an issue at 720p