Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Hello

I have the emulator and I installed in my laptop but it don't work very well. I don't know if the PCSX configuration or my laptop configuration.
My laptop configuration is:

HP Pavillion Dv7 1020us
Processor: Centrino 2 (Core 2 Duo 2.0 P7350, 3MB cache)
Memory: 4096MB RAM DDR2 800mhz
Graphic: GeForce 9600M GT

I playing the FFX-2 and working 45 ~ 50 fps with direct3D10 (software) but working with lags (video and audio).
But, if I select direct3D10 (hardware) the image is striped (like zebra) AND with lags.

What I do to take off this problem?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Lag as in input lag or lag as in game slowing down?

If the former, disable Vsync. If the latter and you're using the latest PCSX2 beta (revision 1888) make sure you don't have VU Cycle steal turned on very high as it will cause massive slowdowns in 90% of games.

The striped image in game or just videos? Videos is a known issue and you have to switch to software mode from the renderer (F9).

If you're still having slowdowns beyond that, it's caused by your systems. 2ghz is way too slow to play most PS2 games full speed... FFX, KH1, and a few 2d games are the only real exceptions.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-07-2009, 02:30 PM)Koji Wrote: Problem is your processor. The first generation of phenoms were pretty bad, take into consideration too that the recommended processor speed for the emulator is at LEAST 3.2ghz dual core+ (PCSX2 only uses at most 2 CPU cores, so 2 of your 4 cores sits around unable to add to anything)

The phenom II are not only much higher clocked, much better overclockers, but they are also just plain more efficient clock for clock. I wouldn't expect to play many games at full speed on that system, especially not one of the more demanding ones like Tekken 5.

I see,now I get it.Thanks man! =D
i don't know, but i have a pentium 4 3.1 ghz ATI Radeon x 300 256 mb 1 gb RAM windows xp and i can't run the final fantasy X maybe you can help me and the configuration?
What do you mean by "can't run"? Like at all? Or it just plays slowly.

There are a lot of reasons why it may not run at all. Any errors you get would be useful in figuring that out.

As for playing smoothly, a 2ghz core 2 duo would likely get you better results than your 3.1ghz p4 so you can't expect wonders. You won't get a guaranteed 100% full speed, but battles should be mostly full speed (or at least playable) with only a few effects causing a big slowdown. Some cutscenes should run fine, while others will run quite slow. Not a whole lot you can do about that.
Hi guys .

My laptop :
Asus G71G-Q1
CPU : Quadcore Q9000 (1.98*4)
Memory : 6GB ram
GPU : 9800M GS 512MB DDR3

Can it play shadow of colossus fluently?
This game was playable on the chart
I tried this game but it's fps was terrible (12~20fps) .
What the problem with this ?
SotC is one of the big ticket games, that is one of the ones that require a pretty good machine to run. 2ghz even as a quad is going to be pretty much on the low side.

There are, however, a few tricks you can try. First and foremost, update to the latest PCSX2 public beta (revision 1888 from the download section of the website or forum). In the speed hacks menu there will be a slider on the right side labeled "VU Cycle Steal". You can try various levels of that till you get a decent playing experience.

Also, inside the game itself and not in pcsx2, there is an option to enable progressive scan, this too will improve performance.
(12-12-2009, 06:21 PM)Koji Wrote: SIn the speed hacks menu there will be a slider on the right side labeled "VU Cycle Steal".

Thank for your help .
FPS increased immediately Laugh ; yet , as you told , it's not fluent at all.
How well can I be expected to run most of the playable PS2 games?

Specs:

Core 2 Quad 2.5ghz
Radeon 4650
8GB DDR3 ram

I'm currently running FFX near flawlessly.
FFX is more or less the easiest 3d PS2 game and runs really well on low end systems. As do Kingdom Hearts 1 and to a lesser extent, 2.

Most PS2 games will run well but have slowdowns in heavy scenes on that system and a few occasional games will just plain play bad. You may wish to invest in an aftermarket cooler and try overclocking your CPU if your motherboard allows it. Most intel C2D and C2Qs overclock pretty well. If you can get it over 3ghz the vast majority of games won't even have those slowdowns in heavy scenes.