Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Hello

I'm new in using pcsx2 emulator (0.9.8), and experiencing slow performance
while playing Final Fantasy XII, my one and only game that i have so far.
while at game my FPS is sometimes 20-50, mostly at 40-45 .

here my specs
Intel PentiumĀ® Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
Intel GMA 4500M
3.00 GB Ram
320 GB HDD
Accer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n

i really want to play FF XII so bad, please help me with this problem

Sponsored links

@ Damned536:
rama hit the nail on the head with his post. Smile

@ Jed:
Your laptop is pretty weak. Expect performance to not always be great (or acceptable), even at native res with Speedhacks.
will the later low profile ati graphics card run pcsx2 ok? im looking at a Sapphire HD 5450 1GB DDR3 HDMI DVI VGA Out PCI-E Low Profile Graphics Card

http://www.ebuyer.com/199420-sapphire-hd...166-02-20r

will this do the trick?
It will do better than most integrated units, as I assume you're upgrading from one.
Not something I'd really recommend, but it can do some tricks I guess. lol

Basically, it's about half the card I'd recommend as a minimum. It may be enough for 2D games and some simple 3D stuff, but even FFX would have it's moments.

Ultimately, the small memory bus of the HD 5450 is where it's gimped. Having just a 64-bit bus with the DDR3 data rate comes out to a pretty low bandwidth (relatively). If a DDR3 card, it should have at least a 128-bit bus for the bandwidth to be more widely acceptable.

The choice is your's (or maybe your wallet's), but an ideal card to have at the least is just above that HD 5450. (i.e. the HD 5550 and above, just not a DDR2 variant)
thanks for that. if i go with the graphics card you suggested will it work ok along side my processor? its an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70GHz

also i have 2gb of ddr2 667 ram
If you're asking if that GPU will function properly with that CPU...
Then yes-- It certainly should.

If you're asking whether or not that hardware combination will suffice for PCSX2 in general...
Well-- Now we're bringing your CPU into question.

The Athlon 64 X2 5200+ is a rather old processor, and certainly have limitations of it's own regardless of what GPU it's working with. It can handle the more "light-weight", or compatible games decently (I've run FFX on one), but it will pretty much require some Speedhacks for most every game within it's capabilities.

You can also find your processor in the CPU Benchmarks for PCSX2 and see how it compares. (Note: The FPS scored is not a direct reflection of what you'll get with any and every game.)
Question 
Hi, guys. I'm thinkin' if this one can run PCSX2...
it's a AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N850 (2.20GHz, 1.5mb cache l2), 4 GB DDR3 / 1333 MHz,
more a dedicated 1gb ddr3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 ...

Any comments will be appreciated. Smile
The CPU is quite weak make sure you download the latest SVN from the home page and enable MTVU speed hack ( accompanied with others Wink )

your GPU is OK it will run most games @ x2 native Smile
I've a question.

This upgrate would run better or there is still something to change about it?

I bought recently (but they arean't received yet) :
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Link
AMD Athlon II 255 (3.1GHz/Dual Core/2x1Mo)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1gb DDR3 Link

My last build :
Abit AN-M2HD
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ OC 2.7Ghz
4GB DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512mb OC
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]
i'm planning to build a pc with core2duo. can you help me ?

it has :

c2d e8400 @3.0 (will be oc'd to 3.6)
asus p5q deluxe mobo
planning to buy hd5850 (recommend sth. here)
2x2 ddr2 1066 mhz kingston hyperx ram

target : mgs3:snake eater. i need an optimal fps that's enough to play near-smooth.