Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Thanks for your quick reply Koji.
I forgot to ask, Resident Evil 4 (PAL) and Star Wars Force Unleashed (PAL), any chance for these games?
I will try it as soon as I get my rig but if I can find out right now I'm glad.
These are the only games I own and want to play.
Thanks again!

Sponsored links

I just checked the compatibility list and Star Wars Force Unleashed is out of the question, will not even bother with it since my copy is PAL, oh well the rest is OK. Man I'm so nervous and excited at the same time, can't wait to try this out.
just to add to this thread, 3.4-3.6GHz is pretty much the ultimate range to play games at. Most games will run fine, and if they don't, they'll run fine in small areas rather than vast places (.Hack GU).

I haven't seen many extreme overclocks in this forum yet, such as around 4.5GHz with a Core i5 which is very possible on air cooling (Thermalright Ultra-120 with Bolt-Thru kit for 1156)
[Image: 2212125.png]
| XFX HD6950 2048MB @ 900/1400 |
I don't have any problem running .hack//gu series full speed even when my CPU is set at 3.4ghz. Do have to turn on a couple speed hacks, (EE 1.5x, idle skip, VU flag hack), but I've played through the first two games completely without any problem.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ok, i have the PC with the specs below:

RAM: 1GB DDR2
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeFORCE 8400GS 256 MB

I have many of PS2 games but only few of them can be playable without lags, especially with PS2 CD-ROM games.

Well, what are the PS2 games that can be played smoothly on my PC?
There isn't a magic list that can be referenced for your specific PC... most of the time it's going to simply be trial and error.

A few guidelines though would be 2d games like Disgaea or Ar Tonelico as well as simpler 3d RPGs like FFX or some shin megami games. Though even the latter could have some minor slowdowns from time to time.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Holy crap, first time in a while since I noticed a performance improvement. I upgraded to a Intel Core i7 920 @2.66ghz and the performance gain over my old Core 2 DUO e6750 is pretty amazing.

I can run my PAL games without speed hacks and the advanced options set to maximum accuracy at much more playable speeds. The Software Rendering also no longer sucks ass (though it looks notably worse then the hardware rendering).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
I'm already seeing the limits of my new pc. Specs are in sig. I'm planning on upgrading sometime this new year, we'll see. I'm having slowdown in games of course, didn't think it would be THAT big of a deal. Overclocking isn't an option at least, but i don't suppose that's my bottleneck anyways, processor seems decent enough.

I'm curious just HOW much better speed i would get if i upgraded to, say, either a-
Geforce 9800GT
or
Radeon 5750

Any idea? I guess PCSX2 IS more GPU intensive that i figured. At least some of the weaker games work well.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
(01-01-2010, 06:44 PM)Granville Wrote: I'm already seeing the limits of my new pc. Specs are in sig. I'm planning on upgrading sometime this new year, we'll see. I'm having slowdown in games of course, didn't think it would be THAT big of a deal. Overclocking isn't an option at least, but i don't suppose that's my bottleneck anyways, processor seems decent enough.

I'm curious just HOW much better speed i would get if i upgraded to, say, either a-
Geforce 9800GT
or
Radeon 5750

Any idea? I guess PCSX2 IS more GPU intensive that i figured. At least some of the weaker games work well.

Always...and I repeat, ALWAYS run with nVidia cards m8. From my experience the performance is quite a bit different inbetween the 2.
Good lol! That one is more than $40 cheaper! Tongue Thankies! Will I really get a huge speed boost by upgrading to a 9800GT? Currently, some games struggle even at native resolution on my PC, CPU always goes up to 99%, and at higher resolution it's even worse.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64