Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
CPU is not overcloked at all, it works with standard speed, i got linux systems on such config and i'm going to try pcsx2 on it.

Sponsored links

I'm not sure if this is the correct location to ask this but, I'll give it a try anyway...

I'll soon have an AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core set at 3.1 Ghz out of the box (I assume I'll be able to overclock it somewhat), and some form of an ATi 4850 graphics card.

Would this be even a remotely useful setup?

I currently have a 2.6 Dual Core, and an ATi 2600 HD, and I've been trying to mess around with settings and plugins to get the best performance. I've been using FFX sortof as my own personal benchmark, and I'd also appreciate it if anyone had any tips for me?

I heard this playground version has some more options, so I'll also be giving that a try, but any info would be helpful.

If this is not the correct location, then I sincerely apologize for my mistake.
I tried Mortal Kombat Armageddon on PCSX2 0.9.4 release and it goes very slow (10-20 fps)

System Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo (E4400) @ 2.40 GHz (it's overclocked, default speed is 2.00 GHz)
ASUS Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT (1 GB VRAM)
2 GB of Memory RAM
Windows XP SP3

It's the PC too slow or a problem of the game/emulator?
It's a problem with the emulator...all MK games run extremely slowly on PCSX2,no matter what hardware you're using
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm looking to put a new PC together and have a few questions...

The FAQ said that PCSX2 doesn't use four cores. Is that still current? And if so, would PCPSX2 run better on a 3.33Ghz Core 2 Duo than on a 3.0Ghz Core 2 Quad?

Actually, it's just one question I guess. Blush
Yep as you said.Check this thread for a nice comparison between the 2 with PCSX2:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2602.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-27-2008, 03:23 AM)Bositman Wrote: It's a problem with the emulator...all MK games run extremely slowly on PCSX2,no matter what hardware you're using

uh, I didn't know that Laugh thanks Tongue
is there any way to play prince of tennis smash hit 2 at full speed with my PC ? i can only get 30 fps with gsdx plugin (+ graphic problems) and 45 with zerogs(no graphic problems) but they seem almost the same , so..is there any way to play it at 60 fps?

system specs : Intel E2180 Dual-core @ 2.00 ghz(not overclocked) , 2 GB RAM , GeForce 9500 GT , Windows XP SP 3
Runs some games with my System Specs?

Intel Core Duo E7300 (2,66ghz) overclocked to (3,1ghz)
2 Gb Ram DDR 2 (625mhz)
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT (512Mb)
Windows Xp Professional Sp 2
@kaitokid : yes, you can. Seek info about the games which are playable with pcsx2. Threads i7 good frend.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.