Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Hi, I'm not a computer techy which is why I came here for help. I'm trying to run Final Fantasy X International Version on PCSX2 0.9.6

My computer's specs are:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
64-bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 620i
(Are these specs bad/decent/good for running FFX at 60fps?)

PCSX2 Settings:
-GSDx 980(MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 ( I tried SSE3 and ZeroGS to no avail. SSE4 made the program crash)
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct 3D9 Hardware(Tried Direct3D10 but it crashed)
Interlacing: None
Everything is unchecked except NLOOP Hack and Texture Filtering
I made sure the frame skip was at 0, and even tried custom frame limit at 50 and 60, no dice.

I messed around with lots of settings including speed hacks etc. The graphics look fine and all but the opening cutscene around the camp fire was sluggish and the music was really slow. The emulator was only running at a measly 18-23fps running around freely in the opening starting area where you choose the name and sign the kid's Blizball. Is there anything I can do, or is my computer just too weak to run at 50-60fps? Please use layman's terms, I tried watching youtube tutorials and searching these forums but I don't understand much of what anyone's talking about.

Sponsored links

I think your video card may be way too weak. Also your CPU is also on the weak side.
I tried it on the beta with Native on and it works a lot better, the only problem now is it goes down from 50fps(the INT version runs at this speed) down to 30ish during fights and spell animations such as Demi really lag...
It's because of your onboard graphics chip, it just doesn't cut it. Get a 9600GT or something and these issues will go away (mostly)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm planning to buy a Laptop and I was wondering how good would it run games with PCSX2.

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 - 3,06GHz
Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX260M
RAM: 4 GB

ThanksHappy
Yeah should be enough for most games Wink
What would work best; Intel GMA 4500MHD with 1700 MB shared V-RAM or nVidia GeForce GT 130M with 1 GB dedicated V-RAM? Also, how fast does a Core i3 need to be? Will 2.13Ghz be enough?
Both of those onboard chips will be crap and SLOW. 2.13 will be enough for some games, but most will need about 3 Ghz
What should I look for in a laptop as far as GPUs? Any certain make(s) and model(s)?

Now, when you say 3 Ghz, I assume you mean the 2.53Ghz Core i7 with it's "Turbo Mode". That, and/or Over-Clocking. Something I read the Core i3, i5 and i7 handle better than their predecessor, Core 2 Duo.

Otherwise, would I be better off with a 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo rather than a 2.13Ghz Core i3 even with the Core i3's better/safer Over-Clocking? Also meaning a 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo is better than a 2.53Ghz Core i7 with all it's "bells and whistles"? I guess what I really want to know is if the new Core i3, i5 and i7 are better than a Core 2 Duo with a lower "base" speed (Ghz), or better in any way for that matter.
You need the most Ghz you can get...the Corei3/i5/i7 are only a bit faster than Core 2 Duos clock to clock, meaning a C2D clocked at the same frequency with a Corei5 will be a bit slower than the i5 part for PCSX2. So I guess the best price to performance would be achieved by getting the fastest Core 2 Duo you can for that laptop.

About mobile GPUs, seems like the new Radeon series are very good parts, but you need to consult someone else for more info since I don't follow the mobile GPU market