Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
What? Your rate system must be crap. A 1,8 Ghz Core 2 Duo better than a 2,4 Ghz Core 2 Duo (even if it's different series) ???. Whatever benchmark you're using, it produces results totally wrong for PCSX2.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Cinebench r10. Is there one better? I only hoped the scale may prove useful when trying to compare the vast variety of HW out there. I never said it was right for the PCSX2, thought maybe it could be checked out/tested out by the community. Without knowing what technical specification the PCSX2 looks for in a CPU aside from Ghz, cores and instructions, I didn't know what else to go by. Sorry if the scores are incorrect/inpertinant for the PCSX2. Thought it might be worth puttin out there...
I will buy a new notebook.

How about this config?

P8700 2.52 GHz (can up to 2.8 GHz)
6144 MB, DDR2-6400
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M 1 GB DDR3 VRAM
500 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm (5400 rpm is "enough" or 7200 rmp will perform better?)

It's an ASUS G72Gx-RBBX05.

I would like to play games like GoW, FF, KH and Metal Gears (i know the MGS3 is not optimized yet, but how about the MGS2?), all in HD. I think the GPU can handle it, but i don't know about the CPU.

Thanks!
u cant forget to play MGS2 ^^ FF KH gonna work for sure
has been a while since i posted on the forum, but i wanna thank pcsx2 team for bringing full speed to ps2 emulation and here i am talking about virtua fighter 4 evolution my favourite working game, cause my favourite game is virtua fighter 4 which for some sort of missfortune still crushes on the same spot (and to intel for bringing the new nehalem arhitecture).
PC Spec: Intel I5 750 @ 3800 Mhz, 4gb DDR3 G.Skill F3 2000, Gigabyte P55A-UD4, Leadtek 9800gt, Dell 2407wfp-HC, Logitech G51, Win 7 X64, Logitech Rumblepad 2
(01-27-2010, 03:00 PM)Rezard Wrote: Cinebench r10. Is there one better? I only hoped the scale may prove useful when trying to compare the vast variety of HW out there. I never said it was right for the PCSX2, thought maybe it could be checked out/tested out by the community. Without knowing what technical specification the PCSX2 looks for in a CPU aside from Ghz, cores and instructions, I didn't know what else to go by. Sorry if the scores are incorrect/inpertinant for the PCSX2. Thought it might be worth puttin out there...

Are you basing this off results from a random site? Because they sound dodgy if a 65nm E4xxx at 1.8Ghz scores higher than a 65nm E6xxx at 2.4Ghz with more cache. The E6600 should be better in all aspects...
I have:
e8500
geforce 9800gt
2gb 800mhz

would this run mosts games ok?
edd should be , well i can proud say that older games are workin with full speed for me if i go back to my old computer a celeron FFX works great at 4,0 Ghz but right now i got the core 2 duo and the game runs without frameskip with full speed and sound
(01-28-2010, 02:59 AM)eddd Wrote: I have:
e8500
geforce 9800gt
2gb 800mhz

would this run mosts games ok?

I'm not exactly the most qualified to say, but from what I've read, you should be just fine. Just don't expect the BEST or PERFECT emulation.
(01-28-2010, 12:28 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Are you basing this off results from a random site? Because they sound dodgy if a 65nm E4xxx at 1.8Ghz scores higher than a 65nm E6xxx at 2.4Ghz with more cache. The E6600 should be better in all aspects...

Now, most of them are from a steady source. Unfortunately, that test on the 4300 was from what you may call a "random site". That is why I mentioned that the reading may be dependant on his GPU, as the test appesr to be on the guys entire system rather than just the CPU. I should also mention, that reading would not be included in the list, as it is non-consistant. All of the list is from the same source, all I did was take the time and (VERY tedious) effort of going through all the pages and copying the results to a notepad. If anything, I figured if they're all off, it should be by about the same amount. Smile