Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(04-29-2017, 03:14 AM)TkSilver Wrote: If you want to know if your processor is going to run a reasonable portion of PCSX2 (there are games that run really well on most things and ones that dont run well on government super computers, this is for most of the rest) games at mostly full speed (there might be some really heavy sections that original PS2s slow down in and a lot of computers as well)  then use this info

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/ 

In the search box on the top right corner type in the CPU you are using.  Look for the SC average score.  (Single core is used because emulators rely more heavily on single threaded tasks over multi threading (even when MTVU is used is does not make the load go 50/50))

a good score is 100pts  -- this is roughly equal to a stock clock 2500k.  (this score was used after looking over FFX-2 CPU benchmark thread the testing results and methodology are all in the thread go over there and give thanks if this post helped you)  Basically this is a reasonable performance level to achieve the above goals.  That said.

If you can overclock it can help (the CPU user bench has scores for what overclocking can get you)

If you are using an integrated GPU then aim for a higher score since either your CPU will have to carry your GPU or your GPU's heat will limit the maximum performance of your CPU.  10-15% is a good offset for a bad integrated GPU (assuming it runs at all)

All of that being said.   Really the simplest answer is that PCSX2 is free so if you really are curious what your performance is then just run the game you want to try out.
If it score over 100pts , most game will run smoothly ? Does PCSX2 have a Graph or something else to log an monitor the CPU usage running above ? The only number I saw is EE % without knowledge on cores.

If 100pts for processor , what score needed for graphic card ? I am running some game using http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html for reference.Points is 1800.Would a 4000 above run well ?

Tested a few games such as MGS3 SE , havinga major slow down on GS 99%. The different between opengl+CRC hack level(Automatic) some as deep to 27 fps while Opengl (Full directX) run better with 45fps.Still both also can't achieve full 60fps.
I notice both really having big different on graphic lightning on MGS using automatic and directx.What could it be ?

Sponsored links

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB GAMING X Video Card
MSI B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

How fast can I run games like jax and daxter, shinobi, dmc, spongebob, sonic games etc.
Pop your DVD in and report back.
I think no one has reported ryzen results for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-02-2017, 02:34 PM)ps2fm Wrote: If it score over 100pts , most game will run smoothly ? Does PCSX2 have a Graph or something else to log an monitor the CPU usage running above ? The only number I saw is EE % without knowledge on cores.

If 100pts for processor , what score needed for graphic card ? I am running some game using http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html for reference.Points is 1800.Would a 4000 above run well ?

Tested a few games such as MGS3 SE , havinga major slow down on GS 99%. The different between opengl+CRC hack level(Automatic) some as deep to 27 fps while Opengl (Full directX) run better with 45fps.Still both also can't achieve full 60fps.
I notice both really having big different on graphic lightning on MGS using automatic and directx.What could it be ?

I didn't put anything for the GPU since many people like to play their games with different levels of graphical enhancement and things other then raw processing power will effect different settings.  Some need more VRAM, some need more clock-speed or a different architecture to run well.  I run almost completely without any enhancements at all and only run a 2x internal resolution on games that absolutely have to have it. So this makes me a pretty bad choice to recommend GPUs if you want to run at 1080 or have AA or filters or anything like that.

If your GS% is spiking that high but your EE% is staying relatively low then odds are you have your graphics settings too high for your current GPU on this specific game under the conditions it happened.   My first recommendation would be to use default settings at native resolution and see how the performance is.  Also use the 1.5 git build it has better performance for some and looks a little nicer in some games too.

As far as what plays this game well.  User Briarheart (on the PCSX2 wiki) used a i3 4170 (single core score of 98pts) and a GTX 960 (not sure which variation) So that might give you a good comparison to use.
(05-02-2017, 02:34 PM)ps2fm Wrote: If it score over 100pts , most game will run smoothly ? Does PCSX2 have a Graph or something else to log an monitor the CPU usage running above ? The only number I saw is EE % without knowledge on cores.

use MSI afterburner's monitoring service for that. you can track a lot of things, including cpu load for each core, gpu load, memory use, etc.
#StopRNG
(05-03-2017, 03:52 AM)TkSilver Wrote: I didn't put anything for the GPU since many people like to play their games with different levels of graphical enhancement and things other then raw processing power will effect different settings.  Some need more VRAM, some need more clock-speed or a different architecture to run well.  I run almost completely without any enhancements at all and only run a 2x internal resolution on games that absolutely have to have it.  So this makes me a pretty bad choice to recommend GPUs if you want to run at 1080 or have AA or filters or anything like that.

If your GS% is spiking that high but your EE% is staying relatively low then odds are you have your graphics settings too high for your current GPU on this specific game under the conditions it happened.   My first recommendation would be to use default settings at native resolution and see how the performance is.  Also use the 1.5 git build it has better performance for some and looks a little nicer in some games too.

As far as what plays this game well.  User Briarheart (on the PCSX2 wiki) used a i3 4170 (single core score of 98pts) and a GTX 960 (not sure which variation) So that might give you a good comparison to use.
Sorry for not posting out the settings and specification.As for processor i3 4170 http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html score is 2131 is similar score with the one using 2151 4670 without Tboost.As for EE , I may not have any problem running.

While on the gpu side it is gtx 550.The score is around 1800.I never know the guide updated with setting drop down box of configuration.As i though gpu is the main issue.Gtx 960 is far more higher performance score 5800 compare to 1800. Tested with MGS2 at the starting raining desk drop deep to 20fps.

(05-03-2017, 07:20 PM)dogen Wrote: use MSI afterburner's monitoring service for that. you can track a lot of things, including cpu load for each core, gpu load, memory use, etc.

My graphic card wasn't MSI brand , can I installed it ?
(05-04-2017, 04:32 PM)ps2fm Wrote: My graphic card wasn't MSI brand , can I installed it ?

Yeah, and you should be able to get a lot more than 20 fps, unless your gpu really can't do any more.
#StopRNG
Im still baffled that a ps2 ran these games pretty decent 20-30 fps give or take, yet...   i have a i7 67k oc'd with a 980ti & still cant seem to run Socom without lag.
i get 70fps+ in Arma 3 but cant run a game thats 15 years old...
RIP Socom

[Image: 87xOtBp.png]
(05-10-2017, 12:00 AM)3D-ICON Wrote: but cant run a game thats 15 years old...
RIP Socom
not RUN, but EMULATE
classic confusion, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-10-2008, 03:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Originally posted by Refraction

If you have come here to ask this question, the answer is here, there is no point in making a thread about it. Look down the list for your hardware, you will get a fair idea of your system and how it will perform, if there are any additional hardware reply below with the additions, DO NOT reply if you are just going to ask "Will my system work? i have blah blah" because all you will get is a warning.

Will my game work?

If you have reasonable specs to those posted below but want to know if your game works, check out the Compatibility List before posting.

Processors:

Won't work or barely do anything:

Intel Pentium
Intel Pentium II
AMD Athlon (non-XP)
AMD Thunderbird
AMD Duron

Will work, but very slowly, possible problems:

Intel Pentium III
Intel Celeron (any P3 and above series)
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Sempron
AMD Turion
AMD APU C-**, E-***, Z-01, E2-3**, A4-3***

Will work without compatibility problems, but will run slowly:

AMD Athlon 64 Single Core
AMD Opteron Single Core
AMD Athlon FX Single Core
Intel Pentium IV (4)
Intel Pentium D - Probably works best in this group
Intel Pentium M (Dothan)

Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed):

AMD Athlon FX Dual Core
AMD Opteron Dual Core
AMD Athlon X2 (and Turion laptop equivalent)
AMD Phenom
AMD Phenom II
AMD APU A6- 3***, A8-3***
Intel Core 2 Duo (and laptop Core Duo equivalent)
Intel Core 2 Quad
Intel Core i 5
Intel Core i 7

Laptop Processors:

We do not recommend the use of any laptop machines on the emulator unless otherwise mentioned above, if it supports SSE2 then it may work. if it does not have SSE2 then it is likely it will be extremely slow and have emulator compatibility problems.

Graphics Cards:

Won't work (or very unlikely to) - Maybe possible with GSDX Software Mode (V. Slow):
Geforce 3 or below
Geforce 4 MX series - confirmed to be working but very slowly
ATi Radeon 8xxx series and below
ATi Radeon 9100
Most onboard graphics cards (excluding the GeForce 61X0 series and 5200 Go)

Will work but require GSDX - Very poor performance:

Radeon 9200 - Reported to work with ZeroGS too!
Radeon 9250
Intel GMA950 - confirmed to work
Geforce 4

Will work on both graphics plugins, but possibly poor performance

Radeon 9500 to 9800 series
Radeon X300 to X8x0 series
Geforce 5200 (Go included) to 6500 series (also including
Geforce 61x0 onboard series)
Geforce 7100

Will work at a reasonable to very good level of speed with both plugins:

Geforce 6600 series and above (excluding above mentioned)
ATi Radeon X1300 series and above - need confirmation for X1300

Recommended Processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster

Recommended VGA cards:

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT / 8800GT or better
ATI Radeon 4750 or better

Other Hardware Recommendations:

512 mb or above of System Memory:
Windows XP With Service Pack 3
Windows 2000
Windows XP 64 With Service Pack 1

1 GB or above of System Memory:
Windows Vista 32/64
Windows 7 32/64

And that's it! Nothing else is very important when it comes to system requirements, i hope that just cuts down the number of "Will it work" threads! Smile

What about Nvidia GT 640M? Which category it falls into?