Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(08-19-2017, 12:27 PM)ps2fm Wrote: What if it was to compare GTX 1050m vs GTX 950 ?

I was actually curious , does PCSX2 required any graphic card with ram above 2GB such GTX 1050 ? which I should be comparing with TI version with 4GB ram ?
As for gaming higher ram for better texture with 4k gaming.

If it was for pcsx2 with 2GB ram , will it be enough for 1080p ?

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-Most-GPU-Intensive-Games 1050 for these games with native resolution of PS2 should be ok

Sponsored links

(08-20-2017, 11:40 AM)Hachiko Wrote: forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-Most-GPU-Intensive-Games 1050 for these games with native  resolution of PS2 should be ok

It is on 4x resolution on ZOE or MGS.I need someone who have this gpu to verify the gameplay. I don't see any user who are using this gpu currently.
ps2fm - The 1050m is still a step above my 750 ti oc. MOST games you can get away with 4x native in ogl. There are a couple where I have had to drop to 3x to play, such as Shadow of the colossus. May not translate exactly because of heat buildup and throttling in a laptop, but all in all I'd think you've got a good chance of playing most everything in 3x - 4x.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(08-23-2017, 09:09 PM)scythefwd Wrote: ps2fm - The 1050m is still a step above my 750 ti oc.  MOST games you can get away with 4x native in ogl. There are a couple where I have had to drop to 3x to play, such as Shadow of the colossus.  May not translate exactly because of heat buildup and throttling in a laptop, but all in all I'd think you've got a good chance of playing most everything in 3x - 4x.

Thank you , since the 1050m is identical with gtx 1050 , I think Shadow of the colossus would be playable too with 4x.Focusing on MGS , ZOE and GT4.
Do you know where I can get a compare benchmark other than passmark software ?
Hello Smile

So having tried PCSX2 on much older and weaker hardware in the past with very slow gameplay, I am happy to say that on my new laptop, it runs surprisingly well. I've only tested Timesplitters and Devil May Cry so far which are (I think) quite early PS2 games. Timesplitters went all weird in hardware mode (said 100% speed, fraps said full FPS but menu was really really slow and laggy) so had to put it software mode DX11 but ran really smooth for the most part, only slowing down when too many bots are armed with rocket launchers... Devil May Cry seemed to go okay too, but again in software mode. In hardware mode it kinda cropped the bottom of the screen off and moved it to the top left corner, sometimes it would move to the middle left of the screen. But for very basic PS2 emulation, so far so good all things considered. 

Specs: HP Notebook, 15.6" 1080p screen, i7-7500U @ 2.7Ghz (max 3.5Ghz, typical max of 3.0Ghz when playing normal hardware accelerated games due to power throttling which I cannot seem to turn off), Intel HD 620, 1x8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10. 

Nothing special but shows it can at least match a PS2 for the most part, perhaps it will get better as the emulation improves over the coming years (I still find it amazing that my Android phone can run PS1 games at all, yet it runs them perfectly). 

Disclaimer: I just did this purely to try it out and see how it compared with my previous machines so don't go buying laptops for PCSX2 based off this post as you will be disappointed!
(08-26-2017, 03:11 PM)ps2fm Wrote: Thank you , since the 1050m is identical with gtx 1050 , I think Shadow of the colossus would be playable too with 4x.Focusing on MGS , ZOE and GT4.
Do you know where I can get a compare benchmark other than passmark software ?

gpuboss maybe ?  im sure there all sorts of sites dedicated to benching different gpu's.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
I have a question if anyone is able to help but my game Road Trip Adventure runs poorly in open world but some videos I watch show them running flawless and show nothing about settings.

My System Specs are
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight Core @ 4.1Ghz
GPU: MSI R9 390 Gaming (8GB GDDR5)
MOBO: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2 X 8GB (16GB)

The game is fine in the main menu but everywhere else is in the 20FPS range and I have went in between software and hardware and fooled with some settings but nothing seems to be working. I am using the US version not PAL and of PCSX 1.4. Anyone got any hints of something I could do? or is this game just not coded right for the emulation?
Try a 1.5 build https://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

and when it slows down what are the numbers by EE and GS? (along the top bar in window mode)
Hello, I have a NUC i5-4250U (integrated GPU Intel HD 5000). With it, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex works on PCSX2 but with a lot of lags (something like 5 FPS).

I would like to know if the game will be playable smoothly with a NVIDIA Geforce GT 1030 (still CPU i5-4250U).

I can change all the computer, but before, I would like to consider saving money, and GT 1030 is really welcome for that. Thank you very much.
you need a new cpu too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go