Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
There generally is not a magical speed up setting.
Use one of the latest GIT builds (https://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html)
Try deafault settings, the GSDX should be AVX and try a hardware acceleration (directX or OpenGL) though on your intel integrated gpu don't expect much.

Besides this make sure windows power plan is set to high performance (since it will down clock your cpu even more it is not)

If all else fails try the speed hack section of the options but a lot of that will either outright break certain games or could cause other issues (including slowing things down).

Sponsored links

Will the OpenGL plugin works fine on a Intel Iris 540 GPU (Skylake)? I heard that integrated graphics didn't work with OpenGL and it had worse performance than DX11, but I don't know if the issue was fixed.
Why don't you try it out? It should work. Smile
(10-15-2017, 06:34 PM)CK1 Wrote: Why don't you try it out? It should work. Smile

The laptop hasn't arrived yet.  I was just curious since OGL since to be the most accurate API, but it would be a bummer if it doesn't work properly on the iGPU.  Just bought a copy of DQ8 to play at Native or 2xNative, since I was disappointed by the 3DS version.
I have intel core i5.what should I do since its really slow and its buggy and I'm a beginner.I checked everything is compatible.
I have intel core i5.what should I do since its really slow its buggy and I'm a beginner.I checked everything is compatible.what plug in should I use and which settings I should use.sorry for my bad grammar.Also if you see a similar comment in the back like this it was an accident
Since this will probably be a thing that requires a more in depth look with probably multiple questions and answers I would recomend making a new thread in general (this sub forum).

Please include the folowing if you can
Exact CPU (just core i5 tells very little)
GPU
and any other system specs you wish (those 2 are generally the most important)

Also which version of PCSX2 are you using along with the game that is slow/buggy

If you have a log file (especially if only parts are slow/buggy) post that as well in an attachment.
Hello all,
        I recently took my old PC and am attempting to make it a retro station. I have PCSX2 version 1.4 and attached is an image of the plugins I'm using as well as the video plugin Im using and the basic settings. I've looked up tutorials on tweaking settings and everything, but when playing (X) game I get a very unstable setup with less than 30FPS. Any advice is welcomed. 

I did a quick look up of my CPU on PassMark CPU, the # came to 1164 and a few posts ago I saw that recommended is about 1600+. I just wanted to confirm with everyone here that my system is no good for PS2 games.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield @ 2.6ghz  (I can OC to 3.2ghz maybe more)
RAM: 12GB DDR3 @1333mhz
GPU: GTX 670

I want to know if overclocking would even help. My CPU is liquid cooled so I'm hoping a good OC might get me out of this grind. any help is appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-07-2017, 05:20 AM)itsturningred Wrote: Hello all,
        I recently took my old PC and am attempting to make it a retro station. I have PCSX2 version 1.4 and attached is an image of the plugins I'm using as well as the video plugin Im using and the basic settings. I've looked up tutorials on tweaking settings and everything, but when playing (X) game I get a very unstable setup with less than 30FPS. Any advice is welcomed. 

I did a quick look up of my CPU on PassMark CPU, the # came to 1164 and a few posts ago I saw that recommended is about 1600+. I just wanted to confirm with everyone here that my system is no good for PS2 games.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield @ 2.6ghz  (I can OC to 3.2ghz maybe more)
RAM: 12GB DDR3 @1333mhz
GPU: GTX 670

I want to know if overclocking would even help. My CPU is liquid cooled so I'm hoping a good OC might get me out of this grind. any help is appreciated!
OC would help you getting something like 1300 in terms of STR.
but you would still need around 1600
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm sorry, but...

with everyone's experience, how strong vga and how much of VRAM is enough for 6xresolution in pcsx2?

thank you.
CPU: i5-3570 (non-k)
Main: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA: Zotac GTX750 1GB