Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
I ran pcsx2 quite happily on an i3 3240. It has a stp of about 1800, which is good for a lot of games (though there are some you wont get full frame rates on).

The 650 I'd expect 2x native pretty much all the time easily. My gtx 750 ti, while a solid step up, runs at 4x on a lot of games with no issues.. your 650 probably could do it on quite a few.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case

Sponsored links

Had a question for those of you with much more PCSX2 Experience than me. A few posts ago, I was talking about setting up my emulator PC in a SFF computer. I instead ended up putting a PC together for emulation with an i5 760 CPU I had extra and for the GPU I have a 3 GB GTX 580 or a 2 GB 660Ti I can put into the box. I know there are better options, but this is what I have right now, so wanted to know if the 660Ti would be a much better option than the 3GB 580 or not? I ask as currently, the 580 is in a Windows 7 "Retro" Build I have and the 660Ti is un-used. I could put the 660Ti in the WIndows 7 PC and move the 580 to the emulator or vice versa, so wanted to know how much of a difference I would see?
Either way you are going to be more bottlenecked by the i5 760 so the GPU wont really matter that much. I personally would put the 660ti which is marginally better then the 580 in the "retro" build since it will do kore good there and use the 580 in an emulation machine.... unless you are using an emulator that requires kepler features (like vulkan or higher OpenGL\directX support) that fermi just does not support. PCSX2 is not one of those emulators.
Thanks, that is all the info I needed...I know the CPU is gonna be a bottleneck as well, but its what I have on hand right now that isnt in use so will see how it goes until I can upgrade!

Appreciate it.
Hello everyone i have a Lenovo 310 and i am using pcsx2 to play ps2 games.

can anyone reccommend the best settings that i should be using to get the most out of the emulator

my specs are

CPU intel i7 6500U @ 2.50 GHZ
GPU : Nvidia 920Mx
Ram 8 gbs

also from those specs is this considered mid range or high end for this emulator?
(06-01-2018, 01:28 PM)RogerG99 Wrote: Hello everyone i have a Lenovo 310 and i am using pcsx2 to play ps2 games.

can anyone reccommend the best settings that i should be using to get the most out of the emulator

my specs are

CPU intel i7 6500U @ 2.50 GHZ
GPU : Nvidia 920Mx
Ram 8 gbs

also from those specs is this considered mid range or high end for this emulator?

It's considered mid range.
make sure you set windows power plan to high performance and don't push internal resolution too high (2x native, maybe) since your GPU is q bit weak.
which game(s) do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So, im fed up with lugging my gaming laptop around as its awkward to carry when travelling, I did try a very basic laptop but it was pathetically weak so my mid ground is a ok powered laptop.

Specs arent that great but im hoping that it can handle 1080p on games (not bothered about shaders or anything) as well as emulators for other systems like PS1.

Its got a Radeon R5 and AMD A9 9420m, 8 gig DDR4
(06-14-2018, 11:59 PM)dekadeka Wrote: So, im fed up with lugging my gaming laptop around as its awkward to carry when travelling, I did try a very basic laptop but it was pathetically weak so my mid ground is a ok powered laptop.

Specs arent that great but im hoping that it can handle 1080p on games (not bothered about shaders or anything) as well as emulators for other systems like PS1.

Its got a Radeon R5 and AMD A9 9420m, 8 gig DDR4

You'll have a hard time with this rig
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-15-2018, 12:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: You'll have a hard time with this rig

Well if it runs at solid framerate id tolerate default resolution.

Theres only a few games id play anyway, almost all RPGs as any other game I can play the pc ports.

Surprising as I have a media laptop from 2009 than ran the games ok, Only got rid as it ran at crazy temps.
The biggest issue is that the CPU falls under the recommended performance (passmark single threaded performance of 1,414 vs 1.600 recommended for non demanding titles). Actual PS2 ports (not remakes, but some of those as well) should be easy to run on that laptop since PS2 PC ports usually require a Pentium 4 and 32-64MB Graphics card.

Will all games not run well... no. Will most games run under full speed, probably. Will changing the resolution really effect anything (it could make some games worse, but it is not the main problem). Luckily some RPGs are among the lightest games, but it will depend on the game.