Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(06-30-2019, 07:46 PM)TkSilver Wrote: If you do get one of those or another 8th or 9th gen intel based laptop you might want to look at using Intel's extreme tuning utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...Intel-XTU-) to undervolt the CPU.  Check various tech forums for a good place to learn how to do this and what offset to start with (or just go down in small intervals checking stability after each tweak).  Even Razer has started doing this to their laptops from the factory and it can make a big difference in thermals and power limits allowing for higher and more consistant boost clock performance,

K. I read about and downloaded MSI Afterburner when I first attempted to make pcsx2 work on my current laptop. I will download this as well in case. Thanks

Sponsored links

Someone mentioned SST as a measure for cpu performance and judge potential pcsx2 performance. How can I check mine and compare scores for pcsx2?

i7 8550U 4c/8t 3.4ghz (7th gen), Intel hd graphics 630.
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4
(07-15-2019, 03:48 AM)TK421 Wrote: Someone mentioned SST as a measure for cpu performance and judge potential pcsx2 performance. How can I check mine and compare scores for pcsx2?

what is SST ? (sorry :$)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-15-2019, 03:48 AM)TK421 Wrote: Someone mentioned SST as a measure for cpu performance and judge potential pcsx2 performance. How can I check mine and compare scores for pcsx2?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

people refer to it as STR or STP...and your cpu is over 2100.
Try getting a better GPU for your PC. That'll complete your rig and you can play a ton of different PS2 games, even the more demanding titles.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(07-15-2019, 10:08 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Try getting a better GPU for your PC. That'll complete your rig and you can play a ton of different PS2 games, even the more demanding titles.
It is a laptop so no changing the GPU unless it supports thunderbolt 3 external graphics...

TK421
Your CPU performance in PCSX2 will depend on how well your laptop can maintain a high boost clock .  This will generally be due to power or thermal limits of the laptop itself.  The integrated GPU is not going to do you any favors in both performance in games and in keeping the power limits and thermals of the CPU in check (since it is part of the CPU so it adds extra heat and uses some of the power that goes to the CPU).  If you want to see your specific laptops performance then get the free trial version of passmark here (https://www.passmark.com/products/performancetest/) and see how close it comes to the average for this CPU (2,138).  On laptops and specifically u series CPUs there can be some very high variability in actual performance.
(07-15-2019, 10:49 PM)TkSilver Wrote: It is a laptop so no changing the GPU unless it supports thunderbolt 3 external graphics...

TK421
Your CPU performance in PCSX2 will depend on how well your laptop can maintain a high boost clock .  This will generally be due to power or thermal limits of the laptop itself.  The integrated GPU is not going to do you any favors in both performance in games and in keeping the power limits and thermals of the CPU in check (since it is part of the CPU so it adds extra heat and uses some of the power that goes to the CPU).  If you want to see your specific laptops performance then get the free trial version of passmark here (https://www.passmark.com/products/performancetest/) and see how close it comes to the average for this CPU (2,138).  On laptops and specifically u series CPUs there can be some very high variability in actual performance.

It can attain 3.7ghz on all cores during sustained loads.

So the STP requirement is over 2100, which I guess the 8550U fulfills since the score there is right around 2100 but the baseclock is 1.8GHz.

Does pcsx2 renderer (cpu/software) support rendering in more than 1 thread? Or is this a setting that you have to manually adjust?

Or do you think it's just better to run hardware accelerated (at low resolutions) with the Intel iGPU?
W10 1809 LTSC
SCP  DS3 + DS4
You can use multiple threads in Software Mode. All you need to do is enable MTVU is the Speedhacks menu in emulation settings. And under Gsdx settings, you can specify how many threads to run. It'll only be adjustable when using a Software renderer
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Requirements on first post updated to match github and main website.
About damn time
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]