Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Hey Everyone
newbie here
im in the process of setting up an emulation pc, heres the specs of my rig at the moment, mainly looking for a gpu that can play games like Need for Speed Underground and 2 the GTA series games, Cricket 07 also, heres my specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.3. Ghz
Memory 8gb DD3 1600 Mhz
HDD: 120 GB Samsunb Sata SSD
GPU: Nvidia Quadro K4200

I havent tested this gpu yet, but i was playing around with a Nvidia Quadro P2000 and it ran ok, so looking for recomendations for something around that range

i was thinking of a RX 580 which has a passmark of 8499 compared to the P2000 of 7268

Sponsored links

Hello all!

How good will this laptop run Test Drive Unlimited in PCSX2?

Laptop: MSI GE63VR 7RE Raider
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 4 cores, 8 threads, 2.8Ghz, Boost to 3.8Ghz
Memory: 32Gb HyperX DDR4 SODIMM - 2400Mhz
SSD: 512GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 256Gb Kingston SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Thank you!
SkidrowSRT, that laptop is not bad, but you might have problems with the more demanding games as that i7 have a single-thread performance raying of a tad bit lower than 2000. The GPU is excellent though as I also have it. What games do you want to play?
steventingate, (sorry if this is late) that CPU is still really good even though it’s a fourth-gen processor. Getting an AMD card is okay, but it will have issues with OpenGL, the best renderer to use currently. Could you look for a different card by Nvidia instead? It does depend on how much you want to upscale the resolutions.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 
CPU:Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7GHz (Max 4.6GHz)
RAM:8GB
Ordered a pc online with these specs. I have posted a thread asking if this setup will work with pcsx2 at 1080p, but since it wasn’t here, I decided just repost it here.
GPU:NVIDIA GTX 1660ti 6GB
CPU:Intel Core I-5 9600k 3.7GHz (Max 4.6GHz)
RAM:8GB
SSD:512GB
The basic answer is, yes that setup is fast enough to handle almost any game PCSX2 can run at 1080p.
The more in-depth answer is that it depends on the game. Not all games handle internal resolution scaling well and it can manifest in a multitude of interesting and possibly game breaking ways (depending on your tolerance for graphic bugs).
Hello everyone!

Ordered these parts, and I'm curious to know how well they are able to run demanding PS2 games like Shadow of The Colossus, God Of War 2 and others at native resolution. The reason I prefer native resolution is because I will use PCSX2 in conjunction with CRT Emudriver, to output the image on a CRT TV, so no upscale needed.

On that same subject, what are the best settings to run games at native rendering resolution, as accurate to the original as possible? Software mode? Hardware mode? OpenGL?

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6GHz (Single thread rating of 2426)
GPU: AMD RADEON R7 350
RAM: 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz HyperX Fury
Storage: 256 GB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 SSD
should be fine for most games.
software mode is the more accurate
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi everyone,
I'm planning on buying a new Laptop with either the i5-1035G7 or the i7-1065G7 (like the Surface Laptop 3, the Dell XPS 2019 or the Lenovo Yoga S940). Because these CPUs are pretty new I can't really find any details on emulation, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
The main games I wanna play are mostly JRPGs like:

– FFX
– FFXII
– Shadow Hearts (+ Covenant & From the New World)
– Dragon Quest VIII

Any chance on getting acceptable framerates on these CPUs (and the integrated Iris Plus Graphics) with native resolution? And does a RAM-upgrade to 16GB affect the performance significally?

Thanks in advance for your help Smile
(11-03-2019, 01:49 PM)NHA Wrote: Hi everyone,
I'm planning on buying a new Laptop with either the i5-1035G7 or the i7-1065G7 (like the Surface Laptop 3, the Dell XPS 2019 or the Lenovo Yoga S940). Because these CPUs are pretty new I can't really find any details on emulation, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
The main games I wanna play are mostly JRPGs like:

– FFX
– FFXII
– Shadow Hearts (+ Covenant & From the New World)
– Dragon Quest VIII

Any chance on getting acceptable framerates on these CPUs (and the integrated Iris Plus Graphics) with native resolution? And does a RAM-upgrade to 16GB affect the performance significally?

Thanks in advance for your help Smile
the ram upgrade won't affect performance.
Those CPUs are enough for the games you mentioned, the GPu sould be enough too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-03-2019, 01:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the ram upgrade won't affect performance.
Those CPUs are enough for the games you mentioned, the GPu sould be enough too

Awesome, thank you very much for the reply – guess then I'll go with 8GB Surface Laptop 3.
Is there a specific post I could share results (if anyone interested) if I got my hands on the device?