Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Should run fine for most games.
Most demanding ones will struggle anyways
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Thanks!
CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 @ 2 GB
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
Hi just signed up that I have a xeon x5675 overclocked to 3.60ghz and turbo to 4.20ghz paired with EVGA gtx 1060 6gb sc single fan with a mild overclock on it and running with the latest nightly build of the pcsx2 and happy to report that it works well with gran turismo 4 pal region nearly silky smooth with no light flickering or stuttering but with minor graphical issue with the grass popping in one of the japan race tracks. Took awhile to figure out each settings in pcsx2 and found one that fixed the light flickering issue it called hardware download mode found in game properties in advanced tab and I switched it to Disabled (Ignore Transfers) which clears up the light flickering issue but the only drawback is you will lose the car icons in the end of the race menu and b-spec not displaying the cars in distant menu and possible other minor graphical issues that I might have missed on but the rest of the game works as intended with the windows 10 refresh rate set to 50.000hz fixes the game stuttering no need for rivatuner to cap the framerate which doesn't work correctly with pcsx2 regardless.
Also used Process Lasso Pro to disable hyperthreading for pcsx2 and give higher priority for I/0 to boost more performance.
As for xeon x5675 it does work well for what I need in pcsx2
Question 
Hello.

I've considered upgrading from my Lenovo T430 (Intel i5 3320M, Intel HD 4000) to the Dell Precision (Intel i7 6820HQ, Nvidia M2200). Although the upgrade is for better work performance and (very) light gaming (like Overwatch 2 and Warframe), being able to run a few of my favourite PS2 games would be a nice bonus. 

In particular, I would like to run games like:
  • Soul Calibur 3
  • Jak 2: Renegade
  • Black
  • Burnout 3/Revenge
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Midnight Club 3
  • Gradius V
  • Ace Combat 5

I know...a good chunk of the listed games are marked as 'CPU Intensive', and the recommended Passmark single-threaded score is 2200. But going back to posts (in the forum) around 2014, and the compatibility tests for Burnout Revenge shows a user reporting full speed emulation with a Intel Core I5-3470 (3.2Ghz), which has a STR of 1942. The Intel i7 6820HQ has a STR of 1966, it seems to be the most powerful laptop that is less than $280. It seems like a stretch, but would it be enough to at least run the games at Native resolution? I use both Linux and Windows (if that matters...).
(01-08-2023, 10:41 PM)lemzy2 Wrote: Hello.

I've considered upgrading from my Lenovo T430 (Intel i5 3320M, Intel HD 4000) to the Dell Precision (Intel i7 6820HQ, Nvidia M2200). Although the upgrade is for better work performance and (very) light gaming (like Overwatch 2 and Warframe), being able to run a few of my favourite PS2 games would be a nice bonus. 

In particular, I would like to run games like:
  • Soul Calibur 3
  • Jak 2: Renegade
  • Black
  • Burnout 3/Revenge
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Midnight Club 3
  • Gradius V
  • Ace Combat 5

I know...a good chunk of the listed games are marked as 'CPU Intensive', and the recommended Passmark single-threaded score is 2200. But going back to posts (in the forum) around 2014, and the compatibility tests for Burnout Revenge shows a user reporting full speed emulation with a Intel Core I5-3470 (3.2Ghz), which has a STR of 1942. The Intel i7 6820HQ has a STR of 1966, it seems to be the most powerful laptop that is less than $280. It seems like a stretch, but would it be enough to at least run the games at Native resolution? I use both Linux and Windows (if that matters...).
if you use a build from 2014, probably, yes
Thumbs Up 
(01-08-2023, 11:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if you use a build from 2014, probably, yes

Thanks.

I'll roll the dice on this one. 
If it goes south, at least I still have a machine that would do almost anything else.
If it DOES run, I will report back and/or update the Compatibility List.
Wink 
(01-08-2023, 11:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if you use a build from 2014, probably, yes

I finally got the laptop.
Code:
Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20230207
KDE Plasma Version: 5.26.5
Kernel Version: 6.1.8-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
Memory: 31.2 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Quadro M2200/PCIe/SSE2
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: Precision 7520

So far, it seems to be running almost anything I throw at it at full-speed, with a current build of PCSX2 (PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.4042). Granted that my results are somewhat incomplete, I've played around an hour with each game.

Note: No (further) speed-hacks were used (I think PCSX2 automatically applies hacks to certain games), the renderer is set to OpenGL and it is at 3X native resolution. Basically, everything besides the resolution is default.
  • Ratchet & Clank - 60FPS most of the time, one or two hiccups in certain areas of Metropolis (briefly goes to 45 - 55 FPS). Slightly noticeable texture warping on distant objects, but no flicking at all. At no point does it become a stuttering mess. Framerate is consistantly high.
  • Burnout 3/Revenge - Solid 60FPS through-out the 1.5 hour play-though. No 'black-sky' graphical glitch seen, and motion-blur looks identical to the one on the real PS2.
  • Midnight Club 3 - This is a tricky one...the game is locked to 30FPS by design, and even then, the frame-rate feels like it dips below 30FPS...all the time. This occurs on a real PS2 too... There is no stuttering (besides brief 'loading' moments in the car shop/garage), effects look identical to native PS2. No audio distortion, and the FPS counter is always locked at 30FPS, so no issues here.
  • God of War II - Solid 60 FPS, no hitching or dips in frame-rate. It just works.
  • Soul Calibur III - It is definately more resource intensive, as it nearly maxed-out EE. However, solid 60 FPS, no hitching or dips in frame-rate. It just works.
  • Gradius V - Solid 60FPS, no hitching or dips in frame-rate. Yadda yadda 'just werks'.
  • Black - Just like Midnight Club, the game is locked to 30FPS by design. Though, I have not seen any hitches during gameplay. Plays like native PS2.
  • Jak II - Frame-rate dips in some parts of the cutscenes, to 45 - 50 FPS. Otherwise, the gameplay mostly remains at 60 FPS.

I haven't tried Metal Gear Solid 2, DMC3 or Shadow of the Colossus. I would assume that Ace Combat 04 works well, as it is a PS2 launch title...
Hi guys, i am new to the emulator and idk if my pc will run correctly with highly demanding Cpu and Gpu games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear solid 2 and 3. I used to play with the 1.5 version of PCSX2 at Metal Gear solid with a lot of issues(like fps drops and a lot pf glitches)
Yesterday i've saw the Nightly build and it looks amazing so i decided to try that, but idk if i will have the same issues again.
Pls help me
My specs are:
Cpu:Intel i9 12900h
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 6 Gb Vram
16 Gb Ram
Windows 11 home x64
(02-25-2023, 06:36 PM)Mike Walton Wrote: Hi guys, i am new to the emulator and idk if my pc will run correctly with highly demanding Cpu and Gpu games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear solid 2 and 3. I used to play with the 1.5 version of PCSX2 at Metal Gear solid with a lot of issues(like fps drops and a lot pf glitches)
Yesterday i've saw the Nightly build and it looks amazing so i decided to try that, but idk if i will have the same issues again.
Pls help me
My specs are:
Cpu:Intel i9 12900h
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 6 Gb Vram
16 Gb Ram
Windows 11 home x64
you'll have fps drops on mgs 2 & 3, but it'll be overall more than playable
(02-25-2023, 08:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you'll have fps drops on mgs 2 & 3, but it'll be overall more than playable

And I can't do anything to run them at a decent speed? Like a 60fps patch?