Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
HI again peeps.

So I have found this laptop in my price range of £800.

- Intel® Core™ i5-8300H Processor
- Quad-core
- 2.3 GHz / 4.0 GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5
- 256 GB SSD

Any input is appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

If the temps stay good and the CPU doesn't throttle then it should be good for a lot of games with a GPU that allows for some enhancements of quite a few games.
Just an update, my ASUS FX503 arrived yesterday & the first thing I did (apart from sort out Anti Virus & other boring stuff) was download the latest dev build. Configured everything & tried out a few games. GTA 3, NBA Street, Timesplitters 2 & SvR all ran at full speed without a hitch. Time to dig the others out of the loft!

Many thanks again to everyone for your help!!
Hello.

I was wondering how I can expect (Wild Arms 3) to run on a machine with an Intel C2D E8500 and an AMD HD 5850? I was going to use "default" settings (x1 native, no graphical enhancements).

Is it better to use a stable or a dev release?

Thank You.
nowadays, dev releases are more interesting.

Wild arms 3 will run poorly on this rig
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
All right. Thank You.

Is Wild Arms 3 just demanding or is it the whole of PCSX2 that is demanding?

I can run GC and DC games on Dolphin and Demul at full speed. However, I heard that PS2 emulation is much more demanding, that is why I asked before I tried. (I guess I could have tried first, but I did not want to install vc 2015 x84 for nothing)
(10-06-2018, 03:25 PM)fishsticks Wrote: Is Wild Arms 3 just demanding or is it the whole of PCSX2 that is demanding?
both
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hey

So here's hoping i'm not posting this against the rules but...I recently bought a laptop (a Dell's G7 to be precise) thinking that i was getting a sufficiently powerful computer to run any emulator i needed to play my PS1 and PS2 games. At first it worked fine but now most games drop to about half speed and are pretty much unplayable Sad . So far i only got my PS1 and PS2 games ISOS and i also downloaded a couple of games from steam but im not sure that would affect the emulators speed because i tend to close everything before trying to run the emulator.

I'm no expert on computer specs but from what i've read i think i should be able to run these games just fine...here are my specs:

Intel Core i7-8750H  2.2 GHz
16GB DDR4-2666MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
Windows 10

I'm hoping there's some tweaking that can be done...any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
check your power configuration and make sure its at performance power plan.. keep it plugged in as that may be triggering a step down in processor speeds
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Will Acer Nitro 5 run PCSX2

Specs:
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM
8 GB SDRAM