Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Mecer pc 
Core 2 duo
Nvidia GeForce Rtx 2080

Will it work full speeds?

Sponsored links

(04-09-2019, 03:22 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote: Mecer pc 
Core 2 duo
Nvidia GeForce Rtx 2080

Will it work full speeds?
which core 2 duo exactly ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The GPU is excellent by all means. However, that CPU doesn't sound good enough. The highest Core 2 Duo STP I've seen has only 1111. That's not enough for the emulator. Try getting a different CPU.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...GHz&id=933
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Hi there. I would like to buy a Laptop with this specs:

Laptop Asus X505Z
Ryzen 5 2500u (4 Cores, 8 Threads)
1TB+128GB SSD
8GB RAM DDR4
2GB VEGA 8.

I'm not a hardcore PC Gamer, for this reason I don't need the most powerful PC. But, I would like to play classical PS2 games (and other ones of the last generation). What do you think about this specs? I can to run PCXS2 without problems? games like Shadow Hearts, Fatal Frame, Wild Arms 3, and any others in 1080p almost. Tell me your recommendations.
Thanks a lot.

Postscript: Excuse me for my english, I'm learning.
It will depend on the cooling and power limits of the laptop since the CPU is right above the recommended single threaded performance for non demanding games. Laptops in general are kinda special since how well the same mobile CPU works can vary wildly depending on the laptop it is in.

So basically, some games will possibly work well while other games will definitely not run well even with ideal conditions. The Vega 8 is much better then the intel 630 so you will probably be able to run some enhancements (like higher internal resolutions), but I won't say that every game that can run on this laptop will run at 2x or 3x (basically around 720p and 1080p), it will depend on the specific game.
(04-16-2019, 03:57 AM)TkSilver Wrote: It will depend on the cooling and power limits of the laptop since the CPU is right above the recommended single threaded performance for non demanding games.  Laptops in general are kinda special since how well the same mobile CPU works can vary wildly depending on the laptop it is in.

So basically, some games will possibly work well while other games will definitely not run well even with ideal conditions.  The Vega 8 is much better then the intel 630 so you will probably be able to run some enhancements (like higher internal resolutions), but I won't say that every game that can run on this laptop will run at 2x or 3x (basically around 720p and 1080p), it will depend on the specific game.

Thanks for your answer.

I have new two questions: (1) Could I put lower settings (1x I suppose) and probably more games could be work? (2) Do you recommend me to buy a CPU with 6 cores almost?

Thanks for your help.
1. Depends on the game, but generally the CPU is going to limit more games then the GPU part, so lower settings might not get as many games running better then you might think.

2.  More cores generally are far less important then how much an individual core can do.  So a fast quad core is far better then a slower per core 96 core CPU for emulation.  https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html  look for a CPU above 2000 to have more demanding games work better.
I'm running a Ryzen 1600 with an AMD RX580 and 16GB of 2400MHz DDR4 RAM.  What games would I struggle with?
Assuming no overclocking, this list of games (https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Category:CPU_intensive_games) with some being more demanding then others. SotC and ZOE2 are both great examples of notorious high CPU demanding games. With that GPU you should be fine on that side as long as you keep your enhancements within reason (going above 3x internal resolution can be incredibly demanding for some games and not have quite the payoff some would expect.) We have quite a few forum users with ryzen based systems and others with systems in your performance range so if you have a group of games you are curious about, please make a thread and ask about some specific titles. You will probably get more useful answers that way then a more general question about performance.
(04-19-2019, 01:38 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Assuming no overclocking, this list of games (https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Category:CPU_intensive_games) with some being more demanding then others.  SotC and ZOE2 are both great examples of notorious high CPU demanding games.  With that GPU you should be fine on that side as long as you keep your enhancements within reason (going above 3x internal resolution can be incredibly demanding for some games and not have quite the payoff some would expect.)  We have quite a few forum users with ryzen based systems and others with systems in your performance range so if you have a group of games you are curious about, please make a thread and ask about some specific titles.  You will probably get more useful answers that way then a more general question about performance.

What you’ve given me already is very helpful. Thanks.