Strange...
I have Resident Evil 4 running flawlessly with no slow downs, glitches, etc. But when I try playing Suikoden 5, half the time it slows down to 30fps. Now RE4 is definitly a more demanding game for a system to play than Suikoden 5, so why are there any slow downs at all? BTW, changing any of the settings below to play Suikoden5 does nothing at all, or slows it down much worse. Also, this beta version utilizes both of my CPUs through an option in the CPU section of the emulator. I wonder why they don't have that same option in the PCSX2 Playground v.1.0.0395 emulator; it might be the better one to use if it did.
My basic system specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16Ghz
eVGA GeForce GX2 1GB GDDR3
4Gig G.Skill DDR3 PC1333
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Emulated on PCSX2 0.9.5
GSdx 883 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.13
1920X1080 60Hz
Direct 3D 10 (Hardware)
Pixel Shader 3.0
16:9
D3D: 1920X1080
NLOOP hack
Texture filtering
Logarithmic Z
Alpha Correction
CdvdromTongue.E.0p.S CDVD (CDDA) 1.3.0
W2K/XP-I0CTL scsi commands
Thread read
Use addition 4MB
CPU:Everything is checked and Limit is selected
and everything checked off in speed hack
Sound: ZeroSPU2 0.4.4
Check time scaling and real time mode

Sponsored links

Some games run really well, some don't. All depends on how well the emulator emulates whatever the game wants to use.

All you can do really is wait for updates Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
A game being complex or not has little to do with emulation speed.If a 2d crappy game uses some really funky stuff that we can't emulate properly on PC,it will be crap slow.If a complex 3D game uses some other features of the PS2 which we can emulate fast,or are closer to the PC architecture it will work fast Wink

The Playground build has removed the DC option because it was mainly a hack.The MTGS mode they are using is both faster than the old DC mode,more accurate and does not use your CPU to 100% (no way to use it 100% properly)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ryanboyl:
The game is generating a lot of denormals on the vurec. Turn on DaZ in the playground release of pcsx2 and it'll be twice as fast.
Tried it already. Doesn't work as nearly as well as the settings I listed above. When I have both cores working together I see a huge difference. I personally would like that option to use both my cores in the playground version, or some speed hacks from the playground version in the upcoming release of the 0.9.5 version. Thanx for the info though.
Um I already told you,playground has the same option but improved...read my post.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-05-2009, 11:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Um I already told you,playground has the same option but improved...read my post.

Every game I have played so far works better on the beta rather than playground. When I use playground it only uses one of my cores. The games almost always max out that single core at 95-100%, while my second core is roughly 5%. And the games usually have more slow downs. The two games I have attempted this with are God of War 2 which is gonna run like ***** on both of them, although the opening movie played out better on the beta. And Suikoden5 which also worked better on the beta. Maybe I should give Resident Evil 4 a try although it works perfectly on the beta, and that's why I didn't even try it on playground. Just to make sure I don't have the settings wrong so the CPU works as well as you say, in the CPU settings in Playground I have everything checked and Limit selected.
I just compared the last official beta of pcsx2 vs pcsx2 playground.
Getting 60fps in the beta and 97 in playground. Beta uses 100% cpu, playground uses 80%.
(01-07-2009, 07:17 AM)rama Wrote: I just compared the last official beta of pcsx2 vs pcsx2 playground.
Getting 60fps in the beta and 97 in playground. Beta uses 100% cpu, playground uses 80%.

What type of CPU are you using. I am guessing it has multiple cores. If you are able to get 80% out of all your cores combined, what options are enabling all your cores to work together in the playground version? I will probably agree that the playground version is better if I can get both my cores to process with the playground version. But in the meantime, with any ROM I play, playground pushes one of two cores to 100% while the other is at 5%. And the beta will use both cores but the % will vary on the ROM.
That very strange for you CPU, for my AMD x2 OC. to 3.1ghz, both of core work fine in pcsx2 with MTGS enable and i play game suekoden V With acceptable speed in pcsx2 Playground.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.