Strange Video/ Audio Issue
Brand new to the emulation game, and I mean brand new but so far I've managed ok. I've been trying to play a few different games, like GTA 3 and Wild Arms 4 and my Video will freeze for a split second and then the Audio will just sort of ...speed up..or skip like a cd, like its catching. I cant seem to figure out why this is happening. The emulation seems completely smooth otherwise. I play the game Innocent Life with zero issues but that just is farther back graphically I believe. It seems to occur most when I turn directions in the game, whether it be turning a car or running left instead of right all of a sudden. Anyone who can help me out with this issue, I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance for taking the time.

Processor: iCore 5
Gsdx: SSE41 0.1.16
Audio: SPU2-X 2.0.0

Video plugins are:
Adapter: GeForce GT 630
Renderer: Direct3d11 (hardware)
Interlacing: Auto
Original Ps2 resolution: native
Allow 8-bit textures enabled

Current Audio Plugin seetings are:
Interpolation: Hermite
Module: XAudio 2
Latency: 50ms
Synchronizing Mode: Time Stretch

Nothing else enabled but I have tried with Disable Effects Processing checked with the same result.

Sponsored links

Increase the latency back to the 100 ms default.

If that doesn't fix it change the sync mode to async.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-02-2014, 09:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Increase the latency back to the 100 ms default.

If that doesn't fix it change the sync mode to async.

Actually while playinga bit further I did notice it was being started with a slight video freeze. I updated the post with more info. But I tweaked a video setting here and there and put the audio into async and put the latency in at 99ms )it would slide exactly onto 100 and I got annoyed lol) and I think that might have worked, will have to play more to be sure. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, you are talking about an issue that happens when new content is suddenly loaded into the emu. For instance, if you turn around, new textures may be loaded. Setting async is the best way to deal with this.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD