Strange colors at the bottom of the screen in Just Cause (PS2)
Hello, when I start a new game in Just Cause, everythings fine, the videos at the starting are all perfecr but when the gameplay starts, the colors are all messed and you can't see what you're doing. I tried switching to software mode, the messed up colors were gone but now at the bottom of the screen there were again some messed up colors, this has happened to several people. Any Solutions?

Sponsored links

I think software mode is the best solution.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Set zoom to 101% in the emulator settings to get rid of the messy colors on the edge of the picture.I always keep it at 101% know quite a few games have garbage along the top and/or bottom like that.
I think what OP is talking about is different than that, as I recall it's more than just the outer edge that gets messed up in Just Cause.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-03-2014, 10:32 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I think what OP is talking about is different than that, as I recall it's more than just the outer edge that gets messed up in Just Cause.

please read the op's post correctly, he mentioned when he tried sw mode there was only one messed up color at the bottom of the screen.
i would say the same as topken if that doesn't work then try edge antialiasing or go for the latest build if they have solved this problem.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah according to this "I tried switching to software mode, the messed up colors were gone but now at the bottom of the screen there were again some messed up colors, this has happened to several people. Any Solutions? " It sounds like the garbage at the bottom of many games that I have run into and keeping zoom at 101% fixes it by pushing it off screen.
(11-04-2014, 04:34 AM)Topken Wrote: Yeah according to this "I tried switching to software mode, the messed up colors were gone but now at the bottom of the screen there were again some messed up colors, this has happened to several people. Any Solutions? " It sounds like the garbage at the bottom of many games that I have run into and keeping zoom at 101% fixes it by pushing it off screen.

pushing it off the screen isn't a fix though, it only makes it avoid that portion of the screen. I guess, you could make a bug report for this issue. so the best to do is zoom to 101% or try some latest builds or play it on your ps2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
With it being garbage ont he edge of the screen which is easy enough to work around. I assume the devs are quite aware of the issue. and their current take on it is to basically do what I stated. We all know GDSX has major issues. And as I said the edge garbage issue is common enough and easy enough to fix if its annoying.

On top of that only one person is currently in the process of trying to fix GDSX and thats gregory. But he has a lot of work ahead of him.

Basically talking about this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-future-of-GSdx-ogl
(11-04-2014, 04:43 AM)Topken Wrote: With it being garbage ont he edge of the screen which is easy enough to work around. I assume the devs are quite aware of the issue. and their current take on it is to basically do what I stated. We all know GDSX has major issues. And as I said the edge garbage issue is common enough and easy enough to fix if its annoying.

Ontop of that only one person is currently in the process of trying to fix GDSX and thats gregory. But he has a lot of work ahead of him.

since the devs know about this, i guess it isn't a problem so i guess the only choice for op to avoid this problem is by zoom to 101%.but, when i get those type of things edge antialiasing fixes it...

so solution for OP: * zoom to 101% to make the garbage off the screen
* don't like the zoom play it on your ps2 then. Biggrin
- Refraction
(11-03-2014, 09:08 PM)Pardeep01 Wrote: Hello, when I start a new game in Just Cause, everythings fine, the videos at the starting are all perfecr but when the gameplay starts, the colors are all messed and you can't see what you're doing. I tried switching to software mode, the messed up colors were gone but now at the bottom of the screen there were again some messed up colors, this has happened to several people. Any Solutions?

Ok, well the zooming ain't working, the graphic glitch is kinda big. I think I'll just have to live with it.