Strange 'crash' - MLB 09: The Show
Hi everybody,

I have been playing a franchise season on MLB 09: The Show and haven't been able to figure out a constant freezing that occurs anytime between 10 mins to 30 mins of play. The strange thing is I haven't come across anything like it before with PCSX2 - so solving it is a struggle.

The freeze usually begins with the sound of the crowd fading out during the game, followed by the announcer voice disappearing, over about 10 to 15 seconds - and then the next time either a substitution is made, or the ball goes into the outfield, the screen will pause - save states will still work, and the program is still active - but the screen will be frozen. Very occassionally the sound will be fine, and the freeze will happen on a substitution only, when the camera zooms out to show the infield.

A couple of points:
- if I use a save state every 5 minutes or so (save and load) the crash / freeze won't occur
- the game can't be advanced using the game's fast forward - it will hang as above when the game cuts to the outfield
- I have made a save state where everything seems normal, but the game crashes like the process listed above every time, after about 30 seconds teh sound fading will begin and from then it is just a matter of making a substitution, or getting a batter out
- it seems independent from all settings - Advanced / CPU / MicroVU (I have tried most / all of these one by one)

Otherwise, everything is perfect and virtually indistinguishable from the PS2 - in other words I haven't had this crash using the real thing ever

Using rev 1329
Gsdx (latest but doesn't affect the freezing) Dx9 or 10, Hardware and Software
Own bios, from a PAL PS2
Zero SPU2 r514
Lilypad 9.11

Using Windows XP Sp3 or Windows 7 doesn't seem to matter either
Intel q9400 @ 3 Ghz
Radeon 4850 @ stock
Latest drivers etc for everything

Is there anyone out there who can play through a full game? Save state available if anyone wants to have a look at the problem - but no big deal - just consider this a bug report if nobody else can play through a franchise game.

Thanks
Bluemoki

Sponsored links

(07-07-2009, 06:41 AM)Bluemoki Wrote: Hi everybody,

I have been playing a franchise season on MLB 09: The Show and haven't been able to figure out a constant freezing that occurs anytime between 10 mins to 30 mins of play. The strange thing is I haven't come across anything like it before with PCSX2 - so solving it is a struggle.

The freeze usually begins with the sound of the crowd fading out during the game, followed by the announcer voice disappearing, over about 10 to 15 seconds - and then the next time either a substitution is made, or the ball goes into the outfield, the screen will pause - save states will still work, and the program is still active - but the screen will be frozen. Very occassionally the sound will be fine, and the freeze will happen on a substitution only, when the camera zooms out to show the infield.

A couple of points:
- if I use a save state every 5 minutes or so (save and load) the crash / freeze won't occur
- the game can't be advanced using the game's fast forward - it will hang as above when the game cuts to the outfield
- I have made a save state where everything seems normal, but the game crashes like the process listed above every time, after about 30 seconds teh sound fading will begin and from then it is just a matter of making a substitution, or getting a batter out
- it seems independent from all settings - Advanced / CPU / MicroVU (I have tried most / all of these one by one)

Otherwise, everything is perfect and virtually indistinguishable from the PS2 - in other words I haven't had this crash using the real thing ever

Using rev 1329
Own bios, from a PAL PS2
Zero SPU2 r514
Lilypad 9.11

Intel q9400 @ 3 Ghz
Radeon 4850 @ stock

Is there anyone out there who can play through a full game? Save state available if anyone wants to have a look at the problem - but no big deal - just consider this a bug report if nobody else can play through a franchise game.

Thanks
Bluemoki
Have you checked the patches section and requested a patch there becuase that can be useful and also, people may have pput some config settings for that game in the the config sectionn. But other than that man I think it could be just becuase your using a beta rev. Smile Sorry I cant really help you other than try different setting s or drop down a beta or waite for the next Smile A patch request might help you though.
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=x-small]
CPU: 3ghz Intel Petium 4 HT
RAM: 2GB DDR400 Kingston (dual channel) + 18 GB virtual (eboostr)
Graphics: AGP Saphire Radeon HD3850 512 MB

Mine just started doing the same thing, It used to work fine before these past couple weeks. It is really frustrating, all I want to do is play my franchise and everytime I finish a game it goes to the load screen and freezes my complete ps3, but when I press the eject button on my ps3 the load screen starts up and the music begins playing, but before it can get to the save point the game comes out.

is there a patch for this bull#$#$!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my other games work perfectly fine!!!!

(07-07-2009, 06:41 AM)Bluemoki Wrote: Hi everybody,

A couple of points:

Using rev 1329
Own bios, from a PAL PS2
Zero SPU2 r514
Lilypad 9.11

Intel q9400 @ 3 Ghz
Radeon 4850 @ stock

Thanks
Bluemoki