Strange lines in Videos
[Image: 3emCKBw.jpg]

(still dont know whats better DirectX or OpenGL for the GTX760) but regardless what Resolution scaling i choose this is happening be DirectX or OpenGL,it doesnt affect much ingame except maybea light teeeeensy sliver to the right of the screen not being covered by effects that should. i know Debugging this isnt going to have much a point come November 3rd. (unless the Remake turns out to be Crap.)

it's a Nitpick but for the most part i have seen a dramatic Speed improvement w/ the 1.5.0 Developer builds on an AMD FX Platform. (which i moved from the APU to the FX8350 for a smoother Single threaded Performance.)

should mention atm i'm using mainly just OpenGL, in hardware mode, w/ x4 native Resolution with bilinear filtering set to "PS2"

Sponsored links

tried the automatic fix that automatically switches to hardware mode during FMVs ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-25-2017, 07:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: tried the automatic fix that automatically switches to hardware mode during FMVs ?

the setting to switch to 4:3 ratio durring FMV? yea doesn't always seen to eliminate those lines.
[Image: 1506361933-snap-screen-20170925195138.png]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-25-2017, 07:52 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [Image: 1506361933-snap-screen-20170925195138.png]
ok now when thats enabled for FMVs it stays in Hardware but Software after.  however as strange as it is, the lines dont always happen Every time  or are verrrry transparent that its not seen unless its a dark moment (like the verry end of the Opening intro to GU before titlescreen, when you see Azure Kite Appear)
[Image: ncbIDAm.png]
could this just be a setting thats wrong ? i had Preset before set to balanced
after 5th run letting it loop to Start-To-titlescreen 1st time the lines showed up, 2nd 3rd and 4th, they're mostly gone , 5th they're back.

-Edit-
ok, i tried resetting Preset back to 2, and they disappeared is there an idea what Preset 3 changes so i can see what its doing and Break it down to exactly what speed hack/change/setting its applying thats the cause of these?
Running Dot Hack GU on on safe preset with FMV to Software mode set will fix this issue in the games.

Alkaid's happy dancing skirt\cape thing will happen though and as far as I know there is no real fix for that but the games are playable and beatable even to 100% content.

As to what FMVs have issues it really depends on how the game switches from the in game mode to the pre-rendered FMVs. Also if you get a bunch of junk around the edge of the screen (generally teleport effects and other things will collect over time just press F9 twice to switch to an back from software and it will clean the edges up or you can use a zoom to hide the effected area if it bugs you too much.
(09-26-2017, 01:47 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Running Dot Hack GU on on safe preset with FMV to Software mode set will fix this issue in the games.

Alkaid's happy dancing skirt\cape thing will happen though and as far as I know there is no real fix for that but the games are playable and beatable even to 100% content.

As to what FMVs have issues it really depends on how the game switches from the in game mode to the pre-rendered FMVs.  Also if you get a bunch of junk around the edge of the screen (generally teleport effects and other things will collect over time just press F9 twice to switch to an back from software and it will clean the edges up or you can use a zoom to hide the effected area if it bugs you too much.

there seems to be something new now aftre setting to Safe Enabling the Software mode for FMVs, in dungeons or around some areas, theres this "Heat wave Ghosting" Effect,
[Image: Swvyd5U.jpg]
Yea the rainy outdoor fields are particular culprits in this along with other areas. Unfortunatly it is an issue with upscaling. So either you can run at PS2 native resolution or when it gets bad enough to bug you just double tap F9 to switch to software and back to hardware and that should fix it for a little bit.

I will warn you if this is really bugging you then I would stop playing before you see what Alkaid's cape/skirt thing does.......
(09-27-2017, 08:18 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Yea the rainy outdoor fields are particular culprits in this along with other areas.  Unfortunatly it is an issue with upscaling.  So either you can run at PS2 native resolution or when it gets bad enough to bug you just double tap F9 to switch to software and back to hardware and that should fix it for a little bit.

I will warn you if this is really bugging you then I would stop playing before you see what Alkaid's cape/skirt thing does.......

do i dare ask what happens to that Skirt?
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dot-Hack...ly-3-issue

It starts moving and does not stop, except from some specific angles for some reason.