Strange overly on some games only during actual gameplay
Hey guys I've been having an issue when playing some games where this strange dark overlay appears. it never changes or fluctuates although it is a different pattern every time a user controlled game play area loads.

my video plugin settings are 
Nvidia GeForce 920 MX adaptor 
direct 3D 11 hardware 
and the rest is standard 

the strange thing is this problem goes away completely when switching to software instead of hardware but my game will dramatically slow down to roughly 60% depending on the game I have observed several games where this error does not occur at all and i can confirm they are not simply bad files and yes i do own these games IRL.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Iirc destroy all humans games greatly improved with ogl renderer.
Maybe you should try this
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-15-2018, 05:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Iirc destroy all humans games greatly improved with ogl renderer.
Maybe you should try this

im a little slow lol can i have some instructions please?
(edit) just worked out what iirc means haha but unfortunately not it runs best on direct3d11 hardware i get no performance issues but on software the filter is gone but speeds hit around 60%
I see.
maybe you're going to need a beefier PC, or simply play it on your PS2.
Seeing what kind of GPU you have, i doubt you have a super-powerful cpu.
edit : just saw what your cpu is. not bad, but definitely not enough for a game like this one
(03-15-2018, 05:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I see.
maybe you're going to need a beefier PC, or simply play it on your PS2.
Seeing what kind of GPU you have, i doubt you have a super-powerful cpu.
edit : just saw what your cpu is. not bad, but definitely not enough for a game like this one

thats quite sad to hear but what can you do i suppose ill have to wait for a better pc to fall on thine lap from the heavens as my bank simply refuses to straight up give me 2 grand  Biggrin Biggrin thank you anyway

ps after seeing my specs did you possibly have any advice for config? if not all g
you could tinker with speedhacks, but don't expect miracles.
Reading through here I think there may have been a missed step.

You first mentioned using DX11 HW, and the overlay problem. Then you mention using SW mode going down to 60%. Jes suggested using OpenGL HW, but it sounds like you again tried SW. If you haven't already, try OpenGL *Hardware* and see if that runs well *and* fixes the overlay.