Strange path-finding problem
(05-15-2018, 08:41 AM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: I guess my "it doesn't make sense" comment wasn't clear enough.  I was trying to say that the GameCube is one of the lowest-rated game consoles and the PS2 is one of the highest.  Shouldn't the popularity of a console bring in more people to work on emulation for it?

if the console is hard to emulate, not really.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Fair enough. But in my opinion, there should be a seperate team for "obscure issues" such as Pitfall: The Lost Expedition crashing to a black screen or the black eyes in the Jak and Daxter games, or the problem I listed.
(05-15-2018, 07:07 PM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: Fair enough.  But in my opinion, there should be a seperate team for "obscure issues" such as Pitfall: The Lost Expedition crashing to a black screen or the black eyes in the Jak and Daxter games, or the problem I listed.

Well I don't think we really have enough resources to do that...

There's alot that goes on "behind the scenes" here already. We do try to look into these issues (many of them already have been noted) when we have free time, but a fix is not always feasible...
(05-15-2018, 07:07 PM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: Fair enough.  But in my opinion, there should be a seperate team for "obscure issues" such as Pitfall: The Lost Expedition crashing to a black screen or the black eyes in the Jak and Daxter games, or the problem I listed.

since our main team is quite small, could you please lead that "side team" ?
dunno who you could recruit, but maybe you have some ideas about it ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
question.. is this mission completeable in software mode?
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Not in software mode either, I'm afraid. However, I discovered a bug with the game itself that tricks the game into destroying both the ship and the platform. If I complete the objectives fast enough, certain events will trigger out of order and, even though the ship is flying in the wrong direction, it gets destroyed and the game automatically destroys the platform as well.
Okay, I made another discovery. If you destroy all the enemy bombers, the ship will glitch and fly off in the wrong direction. However, if you don't destroy all the bombers, the game behaves like normal. Is this helpful?