Strange performance issues
Hey, could someone please help me with this issue? For some reason, PCSX2 isn't working well on my computer. The first time I played the emulator, it worked fine. It was to the point I had to enable the frame limiter because the game I was playing (Black) was too fast. But when coming back to the emulator, it seems like it struggles getting past 80% on the frame rate. I haven't changed any of the settings, so I don't understand why this is happening. I'll include my computer's specs below. If anything is missing from them, feel free to ask for more info. Sorry, I'm not the smartest with computers, so I don't know what all to include.

Intel Core i7-8750H   2.20GHz 
16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design
Windows 10

Sponsored links

Laptop processor.. Was it plugged in the first time you played and on battery the second time you were playing?

Try setting the performance profile to "performance" and then see how it goes. I'm betting your system is set to balanced or even to conserve battery when unplugged and it curtailed your performance, resulting in worse gaming experience.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(06-09-2020, 12:17 AM)scythefwd Wrote: Laptop processor.. Was it plugged in the first time you played and on battery the second time you were playing?

Try setting the performance profile to "performance" and then see how it goes.  I'm betting your system is set to balanced or even to conserve battery when unplugged and it curtailed your performance, resulting in worse gaming experience.

I don't think that was the issue. My laptop has been plugged in both times. I usually try plugging it in whenever I play a game.
Is your speed limited to 40fps no matter what you run?
(06-09-2020, 12:28 AM)vsub Wrote: Is your speed limited to 40fps no matter what you run?
It's limited to 60 fps. I went ahead and checked the performance like how the previous person suggested. It seems to be performing better, but I'll be sure to come back here in case it starts messing up again. Thanks for the help.