Strange problem with my emulator
(10-08-2012, 02:02 PM)cns00 Wrote: i also put laptop on the bed sheet and played. 3 months later my motherboard died Sad

That was your ultimate mistake. You should NEVER place a laptop on material surfaces. Bedsheets, sofas, cushions, carpets, these are all dangerous to laptops, mainly because some idiot thought it was a good idea to put the fan intake on the bottom of laptops and this has never changed >.< Also the outlets are usually on the back or side, if these get covered, it is just as dangerous.

(Having said that i had an acer one which the intake was on top, the only thing they ever did right Tongue)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

the fan intake was clear and unblocked so the air can come out. the bad thing is cloth is not a heat conductor so when there was a lot of heat generated by the cpu and graphics card that heat stayed in the laptop and that killed the motherboard

it's a good thing the warranty covered the new motherboardTongue
Indeed. cloth is an insulator, thats why they make clothes and bedding out of it ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-08-2012, 02:02 PM)cns00 Wrote: it's not an issue of cleaning your pc. on some laptops you must use a coolpad when u game or else the overheating caused by cpu and graphics card will ruin the motherboard. that happened to me Sad last year i bought a poweful machine. it's an hp pavilion dv6, intel i7 core 2ghz, 8gb ram (only using 2.45gb because i put 32 bit windows 7), switchable graphics: Radeon ™ HD 6770M graphics card and an intel card and i think 3 gb ram for display. i was so happy that i finally got power so i got a pcsx2 emulator and played a LOT of final fantasy x. i also put laptop on the bed sheet and played. 3 months later my motherboard died Sad when i got a new motherboard i used a coolpad to game from then on

when it slows down for u does it always stay slow or it fluctuates (60 then 24 then 60 then 24 then 60...)? if it fluctuates then that is normal. it happens in many games when you enter an area which has a lot of detail in it so a lot of rendering is needed. i played final fantasy x, final fantasy x-2 and now i am playing metal gear solid 3: snake eater. for me the speed is mostly 60 fps when in normal mode (in turbo mode 80 fps) but it often drops to 20s or 30s then it goes back up. in snake eater there are a lot of speed drops. if however u start the game and it starts on 24fps then there is a problem

my advice is stop being fussy and enjoy the game Biggrin

Well when the game first drops to 30 fps it stays there, unless i enter the start menu. So i suspect that it is the heating problem. Smile
try the settings in my sig, they should work ok. I used to use them on my e2200 (2.2 dual desktop) you should have close to the same results
(10-08-2012, 05:35 PM)Saiki Wrote: try the settings in my sig, they should work ok. I used to use them on my e2200 (2.2 dual desktop) you should have close to the same results

I am sorry but it didn't quite help Sad
if that didn't help there is little hope for your pc