Strange problem with my emulator
(10-08-2012, 11:41 AM)refraction Wrote: Looks like it probably is just down to your system. God of war is quite demanding, so you will have to probably upgrade your machine to get decent speed.

2D scenes (the fast ones for you) require little processing, which is why you're getting full speed.

Yes i got that far too. But the strange thing is still, that i can get full speed on the game sometimes, even when i am slashing up monsters ect. And then all of a sudden the game goes down in fps, and it starts lagging.

Sponsored links

its all dependant on what's going on on the screen, what direction you are facing and of course anything that's running on your machine will have an impact. Also if you run out of memory or video memory at any point, that will kill the speed too.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-08-2012, 11:48 AM)refraction Wrote: its all dependant on what's going on on the screen, what direction you are facing and of course anything that's running on your machine will have an impact. Also if you run out of memory or video memory at any point, that will kill the speed too.

Ok i will try to make a video of it, because it seems so strange. I will return when i have it. Thank you for your help untill now Smile It is much appreaciated.
did you at least try to follow my advice ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-08-2012, 11:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: did you at least try to follow my advice ?

If your advice was to turn my computer to the "high preformance" setting, then i can tell you that it is what i always use. And my PC is always plugged into power, because the battery is broken Smile But thanks.

-schendu
ah its a laptop... So it's possible it's just getting very hot then.. I would suggest getting a cooling pad or playing with it on a hard surface (preferably one that gives of cold air like glass or stone Tongue) Also if you can clean out the fan in your laptop that might help.

(10-08-2012, 12:15 PM)refraction Wrote: ah its a laptop... So it's possible it's just getting very hot then.. I would suggest getting a cooling pad or playing with it on a hard surface (preferably one that gives of cold air like glass or stone Tongue) Also if you can clean out the fan in your laptop that might help.

I just recently cleaned out my laptop fan. I do that every 2 months so it shouldn't be an issue. But i can try seing if it helps.
Does the heat really have an impact on preformance? Ohmy I didn't know that.
I will try to clean my computer again this weekend to see if it helps then Smile

-schendu
The problem with laptops, is they arent designed for the amount of strain emulators put on the system, so they do get very hot. Once you reach around 80c on the cpu, it will start throttling itself to reduce the heat being produced, which could account for your loss of speed after a certain period of time.

(10-08-2012, 12:50 PM)refraction Wrote: The problem with laptops, is they arent designed for the amount of strain emulators put on the system, so they do get very hot. Once you reach around 80c on the cpu, it will start throttling itself to reduce the heat being produced, which could account for your loss of speed after a certain period of time.

Ok thank you very much! That makes sense. I will try to see, if cleaning my PC will help with that, and return if the issue still occures Smile
it's not an issue of cleaning your pc. on some laptops you must use a coolpad when u game or else the overheating caused by cpu and graphics card will ruin the motherboard. that happened to me Sad last year i bought a poweful machine. it's an hp pavilion dv6, intel i7 core 2ghz, 8gb ram (only using 2.45gb because i put 32 bit windows 7), switchable graphics: Radeon ™ HD 6770M graphics card and an intel card and i think 3 gb ram for display. i was so happy that i finally got power so i got a pcsx2 emulator and played a LOT of final fantasy x. i also put laptop on the bed sheet and played. 3 months later my motherboard died Sad when i got a new motherboard i used a coolpad to game from then on

when it slows down for u does it always stay slow or it fluctuates (60 then 24 then 60 then 24 then 60...)? if it fluctuates then that is normal. it happens in many games when you enter an area which has a lot of detail in it so a lot of rendering is needed. i played final fantasy x, final fantasy x-2 and now i am playing metal gear solid 3: snake eater. for me the speed is mostly 60 fps when in normal mode (in turbo mode 80 fps) but it often drops to 20s or 30s then it goes back up. in snake eater there are a lot of speed drops. if however u start the game and it starts on 24fps then there is a problem

my advice is stop being fussy and enjoy the game Biggrin