Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Video Config to get "SQUARED" Pixels - Please Help
A very good day to you Sir,

I hope you are all doing great Sir,

May I please kindly request for help for the Video Config for PCSX2 

I am running the latest version of PCSX2

I am also running Street Fighter Alpha 3

I do not want Bilinear Filtering as this will make the Graphics with a "Blury Edge"

I want the sprites to have as sharp an edge as possible

To do this I use - only Software Rendering 

I also use - Bilinear ( Forced excluding sprite) - so that there is no Blury Edges but a sharp edge on all the graphics and sprites

The only issue with this is that the Character Sprites all have oddly shaped pixels - meaning the pixels are not 100% Squared

The pixels are made up of varying levels of thickness ...

They are very thin lines of pixels and there are very normal lines of pixels ???

The total look and feel is that the Pixels are not all 100% Square ... 

I would like to know how can set the video config so that all the pixels are fully 100% "Squared ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you and kind regards

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(04-01-2018, 07:58 PM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hardware - Windows 10 64 Bit + Nvidia GTX780M + Intel i7 Cpu + 16GB Ram 

Emulator Version - pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2335-gee3038c5b-windows-x86

Video Settings - 
1) Adapter - MIcrosoft Basic Render Driver
2) Renderer - Direct3D 11 (Software)
3) Interlacing - None
4) Texture Filtering - Bilinear ( Forced excluding sprite)
5) No - Edge Anti-Aliasing
6) Rendering Thread - 2
7) Yes - Mipmapping
8) Shader Configuration - No to Texture Filtering of Display

Game - ISO Version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 

Is there anyway to configure the Settings of the Emulator so that all the Sprite and Graphics appear with 100% Squarish Pixels ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much for your time and kind help.

Kind Regards as Always.
Can you post a picture of what you're seeing/what exactly you want? I'm having a hard time visualizing it Tongue
Photo 
(04-02-2018, 12:41 AM)CK1 Wrote: Can you post a picture of what you're seeing/what exactly you want? I'm having a hard time visualizing it Tongue

here you go sir 

Biggrin 
[Image: Non_Squared_Pixels.jpg]
Try to replace MIcrosoft Basic Render Driver with NVidia driver.
If you want the sprites as sharp as possible, use "Nearest" texture filtering.
(04-02-2018, 03:32 AM)CK1 Wrote: If you want the sprites as sharp as possible, use "Nearest" texture filtering.

thank you for all the replies ... 

i really appreciate it very much

some how there are still the odd 1 or 2 pixels that are still not 100% square ...

they seem to be all over the place 

these pixels are like thin thin lines of pixels ... here and there 

but the sprites and graphics are now as sharp as ever and that is what i wanted ...

kind regards
Late to the party, but the likely problem with this game is that it's using the arcade graphics that run at 384x224 and scaling them to 640x448. If it filters them they look blurry, and if it doesn't the pixel sizes will be all over the place because the horizontal scaling isn't an integer scale. It will just double the height of the pixels vertically, but for every three pixels two will be double in width and while one will remain the same.

Hardware rendering at a higher internal resolution would probably make it look a bit less blurry with filtering on, but the hardware render is extremely slow and broken with this game (and Vampire - Darkstalkers Collection, which seems like it's using the same emulation/engine). Hmm, I'll have to submit a bug report when I get around to it.