Street Fighter - Alpha Anthology
It really disappoints me. In the current settings I'm using I can play hybrid games (with elements in 2 and 3 dimensions) perfectly, games like Marvel vs Capcom 2 or SNK vs Capcom 2 ..... all from an ideal setting for 'God of War 2 'and its epic shooting. But when I want to play an antidote game, a collection of old ones like this Alpha Anthology, which is a simple 2D game, the emulator goes crazy! wtf ......

applause for those who solve this!

Sponsored links

it's mostly because you're comaring apples and oranges.
those games you mentioned are either PS2 ports, or native ps2 games.

Sf Alpha Anhology is a compilation of emulated games.
means you're running an emulator into an emulator.

got the picture ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Use software mode
(05-06-2021, 09:25 AM)filly Wrote: Use software mode

Same? do I just change "DirectX11 (hardware)" to "OpenGL or something else in (software)"? this is too good to be true! I'll try! BUT if it detracts from emulation in all other games it will not be an option for me.
CPU :AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz
GPU :ADM Radeon RX 5700 XT
If you're looking for a "golden" config that will work with all games, you're going to have a hard time with emulation, especially PS2 emulation.

Software mode will work in most cases without glitches. But at the cost of more CPU power,and you can't upscale

That said,upscaling SFA anthology is useless and will do more harm than good.
So, Filly's advice is probably a good one in this case
(05-05-2021, 10:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it's mostly because you're comaring apples and oranges.
thoseĀ  games you mentioned are either PS2 ports, or native ps2 games.

Sf Alpha Anhology is a compilation of emulated games.
means you're running an emulator into an emulator.

got the picture ?

It might even make sense BUT the fatal fury and art of fighting compilations work perfectly for me. as well as 'the orochi saga' with KOF 90's. Anyway, the SF alpha series is easily reproduced by epsxe. But I would really like to have it without 'loading' on PCSX2. Patience, you can't have everything, right? =]

(05-12-2021, 09:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: If you're looking for a "golden" config that will work with all games, you're going to have a hard time with emulation, especially PS2 emulation.

Software mode will work in most cases without glitches. But at the cost of more CPU power,and you can't upscale

That said,upscaling SFA anthology is useless and will do more harm than good.
So, Filly's advice is probably a good one in this case

I'm not looking, I already found it. But it's a secret!
CPU :AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz
GPU :ADM Radeon RX 5700 XT
(05-13-2021, 04:43 AM)xRainmakerRSx Wrote: I'm not looking, I already found it. But it's a secret!

Sure.
A community forum is generally a place where you share your findings...

Geeesh... Kids lack education these days...