Struggling to get NFS Carbon up
Hello all,

I'm new to the PCSX2 community in the hopes of playing NFS Carbon for nostalgia's sake. However, I'm running into a few playability issues, maybe you've seen them before and could help? Here's my hardware:

CPU: i7-3770
GPU: AMD Radeon 7950
RAM: 8GB of DDR3
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65

I think those are the relevant bits. I've attached pictures of my plugin setup and the emulog.txt since I've seen people asking for that.

The first problem I ran into was red lines going across the screen, vertically. This was resolved by putting myself into software mode (f9), but then in software mode I run into another strange issue. It's not slow fps, but it's more like the game is running in slow motion, like everything I press the accelerator and it _slowly_ accelerates, the cop chasing me does so at the same slow pace etc. It's kind of hard to describe, but perhaps it's some sort of refresh rate issue? In addition the audio is really messed up, perhaps it's also playing at half of the speed it should be? I should mention that this issue was also there before I hit f9. In addition the menu screen ran at full fps perfectly except for the audio, which was still messed up.

Have you seen something like this before? Thanks for the help in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 26,78 KB / Downloads: 103)

Sponsored links

1 - switch to latest git build instead of using latest stable. it's quite outdated, now.
2 - You are using OGL renderer, which is a good idea UNLESS you own an AMD GPU. as said in the log :
Quote:OpenGL renderer is slow on AMD GPU due to inefficient driver. Sorry.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-21-2019, 09:11 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - switch to latest git build instead of using latest stable. it's quite outdated, now.
2 - You are using OGL renderer, which is a good idea UNLESS you own an AMD GPU. as said in the log :

Hello jesalvein,

I think I have the DirectX11 renderer selected right? I read that the OGL renderer was bad for the AMD GPU. Oh maybe I didn't reset the console after I reselected DX11, but the issue persisted no matter what renderer I chose.

I will give the git build a shot. Thanks!
Perfection, works great. Audio still not amazing, but much better. @jesalvein, thank you so much, and you guys have a wonderful project here.

Actually had to enable MTVU as well to get everything good, but still all good.
It's actually still kind of unplayable with FPS being a main issue. Perhaps my hardware isn't powerful enough?